Acer Aspire A315-53G || Keypad is not working properly on my acer aspire laptop.

Muzaik
Muzaik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
while working I pressed ''1", it did not type after multiple presses the system went off. I restarted now my pin had 1 therefore as I pressed 1 it went off or automatically or showed the pin is incorrect before I could press enter. somehow I managed to log in, but I noticed multiple keys had malfunction like I pressed 1 from the top left key (not from the num pad) and it turned aeroplane mode, the shift key on the left-hand side would also turn the system off. and many more keys were doing weird things. 

can anyone help me, what is the exact issue? I have rebooted the system multiple times but the problem persists.

model: Aspire A315-53G.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    Shut down Windows normally. Turn the machine back on and immediately tap F2 to enter the BIOS menu. In the BIOS Main tab change the FN key behavior option from media to function. Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu.

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Muzaik

If the problem persist after trying @JackE's method, then it is time to change the keyboard.

I have the experience that a faulty keyboard almost forced me to have a half filled HDD reformatted ( have WD HDD locking software, that will only allow 5 failed attempts during HDD login, or HDD will be reformatted )
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Muzaik,

# Try to update the keyboard driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option keyboard driver.
    4. Under the title keyboard driver.
    Update Keyboard Drivers in Windows 10 8 7 XP  Vista - Driver Whiz​​
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title keyboard  driver.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​