Low sound on Nitro 5 AN515-44 R40C

Options
ketnethy
ketnethy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hello there!
In January I bought myself a new laptop, an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 R40C. 
Since I installed windows I noticed that the sound was very very low, on speakers, bluetooth etc.
I updated ALL I can update, from bios to sound drivers and no change.
The sound is clear, so no problem with the speakers. I compared with another budget laptop, an old one, and with the new at 100% volume, the old one gives me at 40-50%.
I searched for an answer since I bought it. None found.
I tried to change sound "type" from Nitro Sense. I select, for example, "Movie", but the sound doesn't change and doesn't remain on "Movie".
I tried to uninstall current driver and install an old one (which I read on the internet that can work). Can't do that, windows 10, after uninstall and restart of laptop, automatically install the newest one.
And honestly this can't be right. I want all my drivers up to date. If accidentally I install the newest one, I must go back and do all things again? (uninstall, restart, search for that driver etc).
@Acer can you come up with a permanent solution? Maybe an update that can fix this soft bug? Please!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi @ketnethy

i would recommend you to go to control panel > click in hardware and sound > now click on sound > under playback devices check for the speakers.

Right click on it and do a test. Before the test make sure the volume is set to 100%. Now check the test sound and compare if the audio is low or good. 

If the outcome is still low and if it was not like this before then you can contact Acer for warranty support.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • RonTheDon
    RonTheDon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem with my Swift SF 114. I eventually added a Chrome extension called ''Volume Booster'' and my sound is now fantastic.