AS3810 requires a replacement keyboard

CHECK
CHECK Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
I have already had this laptop for about 6 years. I have never been more satisfied than this laptop. I have never encountered any problems before this:

Press Ctrl (left), Alt (left), "W", "x", and "c" will stop working in just 5 minutes, then work again, but the "FN" button will never work.

I have tested in the .txt file, the file will not work properly when "error" occurs.

I tried to delete the native keyboard driver and let Windows reinstall them: did not change.

If someone has encountered the same problem, if you can lead me to solve this annoying "bug" (such as "W", "x" and "c"), I will not be grateful.

If it is related to a serious fault, such as the keyboard strip cable is damaged, is it worth sending my 3810 laptop to the maintenance center? Although it doesn't spend time and money.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Go to this link to test keyboard key switches. If errors are intermittent, the problem is hygroscopic debris (for example, food crumbs) that get trapped on the key switches under the keycovers. They can sometimes be cleaned by gently using a soft bristle facial blush brush to try to loosen the debris under the key covers while blowing air under. If this doesn't work, then new replacement keyboards are available for less than $25usd. Google search keywords Aspire 3810 keyboard for vendors who ship to your location. The keyboard is commonly used in many different models and fairly easy to replace.

Jack E/NJ