Orion 3000 P03-630 Desktop. Screen went black, wont recover.

Options
Osuki
Osuki Member Posts: 1 New User
So I just bought this computer brand new. It's got an Intel i7-11700, 16gb ddr6 ram, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti, and kickass RGB lighting. Pretty much everything I was looking for, all in one package and I didn't have to wait on shipping, other parts, delays, or waste time on assembly. It was all already done in one package.

I was in the middle of looking something up on my old pc on how to bridge a connection to transfer files to the new pc when my monitor (hooked up to the new Predator Orion 3000) went black. 'HDMI source not detected'

Odd... I changed the cable while everything was still on. Nothing.
Odd... I forcefully power downed the PC, changed the cable to a different one, and turned it back on. It posted, but didn't show anything on the screen... not even after 10 minutes of waiting.
I force power-down on the machine.
I tested all 3 hdmi cables on my ps5 and they work just fine.
So, I've had the computer off for an hour and unplugged. I pressed and held the power button to make sure there's no power in the system.
Ok... I plug everything back in, plug the power back in, turn it on... everything starts up... fans whirl into action FULL speed non-stop, NO post beep, and NO HDMI detected.

11th gen i7-11700, 16gb ddr6 ram, and the 3060Ti, let alone any peripherals hooked up like mouse and keyboard... Is the 500 watt Power Supply not enough to handle everything? Why would it be shipped with a sub-par part in a pre-built system? It's like Acer want's a ton of RMAs...

If i can't get it to work by the end of the day, It's going back for a refund. Any insight is welcome. I've already tried everything I know other than disassembling the tower... but that might void any possible return on a 2000$ computer.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    The PSU supplied with it is plenty for the system. Likely you are seeing what's called a 'child failure' where some component has failed early in it's life. It might be in the PSU, it might be on the MB. From the fast fan speed symptom I'm guess it's getting started with POST, but failing very quickly. POST spins the fan up to 100% for a second first thing, then drops them to match cooling needs, so it's more likely to be in the MB than the GPU.
    You are new enough that you can likely just swap it with your vendor, so you don't have to go through the effort of a warranty repair. Your vendor will handle that once you have swapped out to a different unit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    The PSU supplied with it is plenty for the system. Likely you are seeing what's called a 'child failure' where some component has failed early in it's life. It might be in the PSU, it might be on the MB. From the fast fan speed symptom I'm guess it's getting started with POST, but failing very quickly. POST spins the fan up to 100% for a second first thing, then drops them to match cooling needs, so it's more likely to be in the MB than the GPU.
    You are new enough that you can likely just swap it with your vendor, so you don't have to go through the effort of a warranty repair. Your vendor will handle that once you have swapped out to a different unit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.