Need help finding information on this model (A515-54-389W)

Azeri
Azeri Member Posts: 2 New User
Does anyone have any information on the model in the title (A515-54-389W)? I can't find information specific to that product at all. It's almost like it doesn't exist :astonished:, but I see it on a website for purchase.

My question pertains to an upgradable ram slot. Most of the A515-54 models I looked at had an empty slot, but I want to make sure.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This model's mainboard has one soldered unreplaceable RAM socket with 4GB RAM and one replaceable RAM socket. Up to 16GB DDR4 sodimm module 2133MHz or higher can be installed in the replaceable RAM socket for a total of 20GB RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Doesn't mean too much but here's a list that was tested when the series was first introduced. I prefer crucial since most of their modules are top of the line manufactured by micron. Anything 2133MHz or faster-rated should work fine since they all automatically downshift to the maximum allowed by your mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    This model's mainboard has one soldered unreplaceable RAM socket with 4GB RAM and one replaceable RAM socket. Up to 16GB DDR4 sodimm module 2133MHz or higher can be installed in the replaceable RAM socket for a total of 20GB RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• Azeri
    Azeri Member Posts: 2 New User
    Is there is a list of compatible memory, or would any memory compatible with A515-54 work? 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Doesn't mean too much but here's a list that was tested when the series was first introduced. I prefer crucial since most of their modules are top of the line manufactured by micron. Anything 2133MHz or faster-rated should work fine since they all automatically downshift to the maximum allowed by your mainboard.

Jack E/NJ