Lap mouse getting not responding frequently Aspire A315-53g-5968

MRIDULRAJ532
MRIDULRAJ532 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, My laptop is Aspire A315-53g-5968. While I am working on it my mouse getting not responding, At each time that happening I need to take (alt+ctrl+delete) control panel and need to click on any tasks in it to solve the not responding issue. The mouse pointer not works with the lap mouse pad and also with the external mouse.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue permanently. It will be so helpful.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager.
    (1) Click HID folder. Right click touchpad. Click properties. Click power management tab. Uncheck box that allows computer to turn off touchpad. (2) Then click Mice etc folder. Right click on each mouse. Click properties. Click power management tab. Uncheck box that allow computer to turn off mice.

Jack E/NJ

• MRIDULRAJ532

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Open Device Manager.
    (1) Click HID folder. Right click touchpad. Click properties. Click power management tab. Uncheck box that allows computer to turn off touchpad. (2) Then click Mice etc folder. Right click on each mouse. Click properties. Click power management tab. Uncheck box that allow computer to turn off mice.
    Hi, I can't see any `Click power management tab` when clicks on the properties option
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi MRIDULRAJ532,

Did you try to reset with hotkeys. 
  • MRIDULRAJ532

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi MRIDULRAJ532,

Did you try to reset with hotkeys. 
    No, How can I do that.?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi MRIDULRAJ532,

tap on F7 to enable and disable the cursor. 
  • JackE
    Then click Mice etc folder. Right click on each mouse. Click properties. Click power management tab. Uncheck box that allow computer to turn off mice.

Jack E/NJ

• MRIDULRAJ532

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    JackE said:
    Then click Mice etc folder. Right click on each mouse. Click properties. Click power management tab. Uncheck box that allow computer to turn off mice.
    Jack, Actually I can't find any power management tab in properties. Currently I am using windows 10, I also getting this stuck issue in mint os too.. is this related to any driver issue or any hardware issue..?
  • JackE
    (1) Did this happen suddenly for no apparent reason?

(2) Any BIOS firmware updates? Try changing touchpad mode in BIOS Main tab?

Jack E/NJ

• MRIDULRAJ532

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    (1) Did this happen suddenly for no apparent reason?

(2) Any BIOS firmware updates? Try changing touchpad mode in BIOS Main tab?
    Yes, it happened with out no reason... I haven't done any Bios firmware update. Previously I thought it would be an issue with the os. So I removed and installed new os.

Not done changing the touch pad mode in BIOS main tab, are you suggesting to do that.?
  • JackE
    >>>So I removed and installed new os.>>>

Did you use the ACER OEM factory OS on the hidden reset partition?

Jack E/NJ