HDD drive E5 576-392H

Nod
Nod Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have the E5 576-392H and I removed the original HDD and installed a Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD, after a few months, it gave me a 0x000000e code and quit working. Then I installed a Samsung 860 EVO SSD and now after 2 years it did the same thing. So I put the original Toshiba HDD drive back in and nothing. All together I haven't used this computer 20 hours total. I tried using a repair disc, a reboot disc and a  Win 10 installation disc. Nothing works. Is my machine toast ?   Thank you !

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer âś“
    >>>I tried that and it won't recognize it. Will have to get a new one. >>>

If the BIOS Information tab recognizes the Toshiba but not the 860, the 860 has failed not the laptop.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,429 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021 Answer âś“
    Nod said:
    thank you, 
    "Nod" I don't know how you are installing these drives or why your laptop is eating up SSD drives =) ?? As your Aspire E5 576-392H should NOT be doing like you say …"Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD, after a few months, it gave me a 0x000000e code (btw, that error code has nothing to do with the SSD dive) and quit working...then I installed a Samsung 860 EVO SSD and now after 2 years it did the same thing" as that is impossible after only using this laptop for 20 hours? Btw and as I've said, that code is the 0xc000000e NOT THE 0x000000e code and its an error when you are trying to boot up windows that relates with a corrupted "Boot Configuration Data" and it has nothing to do with your SSD drive. You are wasting your money if you think that its your SSD drive!

I've been using a Samsung 850 EVO (which is an older SSD drive than the 860 EVO) every day for over 4 years and have put thousands of hurs on this SSD drive and I'm also using Samsung M.2 NVMe drives for ages and they have never ever given me any problems like BSOD's and/or crashes etc and my 850 EVO is used with an older laptop than yours which is an Aspire V3-571G. My suggestion to you is this, check the link that I've provided for you and fix those Boot Config Errors in your OS or if you don't know how to do that then take your Aspire E5 576-392H laptop to an experienced computer technician so that they can sort it out as the Aspire E5 576-392H laptop is a great laptop and it should not be doing what its doing.

Just some advice for you to keep your system running consistently and working efficiently you should do the following, make sure that your Win-10 is up to date always and that all your drivers and Intel drivers are up to date (install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to do that) also make sure that you are running the last BIOS version and finally with your SSD drive activate the TRIM command within windows for your SSD drive to work at its peak performance. Good luck and hope this helps you out.  
  • JackE
    Answer âś“
    OK. The corruption doesn't seem have resulted from a hardware issue with the Samsung SSD.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Turn the machine off. Then turn it back on again and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Does the BIOS Information tab show the Toshiba HDD? A phone photo would be helpful.

Jack E/NJ

• Nod
    Yes, I've got the windows screen back on. It takes a LONG time to load.  I'll play with it some more and see what I can do .  Thank you for your help. I'll probably have more questions later.
  • JackE
    >>>It takes a LONG time to load. >>>

If this is with the Toshiba HDD, that's understandable because it's a dog esp with recent Win10 incarnations. If it were mine, I'd put the 860 back in and make sure the BIOS Information tab recognizes it if it won't boot.

Jack E/NJ

• Nod
    I tried that and it won't recognize it. Will have to get a new one.
  • Nod
    I'm beginning to wonder if this machine is worth repairing. All I use it for is to look something up on the web or shopping . Don't need it for email or any kind of work. Maybe a tablet or chromebook would serve me better ? Don't know anything about them.
  • JackE
    Answer âś“
    >>>I tried that and it won't recognize it. Will have to get a new one. >>>

If the BIOS Information tab recognizes the Toshiba but not the 860, the 860 has failed not the laptop.

Jack E/NJ

• Nod
    thank you, 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,429 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021 Answer âś“
    Nod said:
    thank you, 
    "Nod" I don't know how you are installing these drives or why your laptop is eating up SSD drives =) ?? As your Aspire E5 576-392H should NOT be doing like you say …"Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD, after a few months, it gave me a 0x000000e code (btw, that error code has nothing to do with the SSD dive) and quit working...then I installed a Samsung 860 EVO SSD and now after 2 years it did the same thing" as that is impossible after only using this laptop for 20 hours? Btw and as I've said, that code is the 0xc000000e NOT THE 0x000000e code and its an error when you are trying to boot up windows that relates with a corrupted "Boot Configuration Data" and it has nothing to do with your SSD drive. You are wasting your money if you think that its your SSD drive!

I've been using a Samsung 850 EVO (which is an older SSD drive than the 860 EVO) every day for over 4 years and have put thousands of hurs on this SSD drive and I'm also using Samsung M.2 NVMe drives for ages and they have never ever given me any problems like BSOD's and/or crashes etc and my 850 EVO is used with an older laptop than yours which is an Aspire V3-571G. My suggestion to you is this, check the link that I've provided for you and fix those Boot Config Errors in your OS or if you don't know how to do that then take your Aspire E5 576-392H laptop to an experienced computer technician so that they can sort it out as the Aspire E5 576-392H laptop is a great laptop and it should not be doing what its doing.

Just some advice for you to keep your system running consistently and working efficiently you should do the following, make sure that your Win-10 is up to date always and that all your drivers and Intel drivers are up to date (install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to do that) also make sure that you are running the last BIOS version and finally with your SSD drive activate the TRIM command within windows for your SSD drive to work at its peak performance. Good luck and hope this helps you out.  
  • Nod
    StevenGen said:
    Nod said:
    thank you, 

Wow, that's a lot of info. I'm not real savvy about computers but I think I can follow what you suggested. I'll let you know how I make out.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Nod,

Is the system working now.
  • Nod

StevenGen said:
    Nod said:
    thank you, 

Wow, that's a lot of info. I'm not real savvy about computers but I think I can follow what you suggested. I'll let you know how I make out.
    Ok, I tried method's 1 & 2 and neither worked. When I type in 'bootrec /fixmbr I get "system cannot find the file specified"
    Same with bootrec /fixboot 
    Also when I get the command prompt screen it says "not enough memory is available to process this command"   
    I tried method 4 but it won't recognize the USB to boot up.
    I wonder if the old saying " you repair things with tools, you fix things with a hammer" might apply here?
    I'm frustrated, it will boot up and run with the old Hdd but it's so slow.
  • Nod
    I see there a 7 updates to pending install, I'll let them finish and try again.
  • JackE
    >>>Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD, after a few months, it gave me a 0x000000e code and quit working.>>>
    >>>I'm frustrated, it will boot up and run with the old Hdd but it's so slow. >>>

Crucial should've made good on this if it failed after a few months. Not sure about the EVO after 2 years. Once again, if the old slow but sure Toshiba still shows up in the BIOS Information tab, but the SSDs don't anymore, the SSDs have likely bitten the dust. SSD failures happen. If they were mine, I'd contact both Crucial & Samsung to at least try to reduce my level of frustration.

Jack E/NJ

• Nod
    UPDATE:  hooked the 850 up to my desktop and ran a 'repair' on it.  It cleaned up some problems so I put it back in the laptop and inserted an old windows installation disc and it installed it, now I'm installing new updates ( 8 of 'em) so that will take awhile. But it looks like the 850 SSD is working again. Got my fingers crossed. Thank all of you for your help, you're great !!!!!
  • JackE
    What repair tool did you use on the Samsung? What kind of repairs were made? Hardware errors or software corruption?

Jack E/NJ

• Nod
    As you know I"m not computer savvy but all I did was hook the 850 onto the cable that came with it and plugged it into a USB on my desktop. It was the cable that I used to install window on the 850 initially. It gave me a message that some files (or something) were corrupt. It gave me the choice of repairing or formatting, I chose repair and after a bit it said everything was fixed. So I reinstalled it in the laptop as mentioned above. I just tried to duplicate what I did with the Crucial SSD but my desktop won't recognize it when I plug it into the USB.
  • JackE
    The Crucial seem dead. The Samsung sounds like it wasn't plugged in well before when the BIOS Information tab didn't see it. It might explain corrupted files if it was an intermittent connector contact problem. Simply unplugging it, plugging in the old drive, then unplugging the old drive and plugging in the Samsung again may have helped clean the connectors. Let's hope so anyway. Good luck.

Jack E/NJ

• Nod
    edited August 2021
    JackE  I believe I used  recoverit  to scan the Samsung drive.
  • JackE
    Answer âś“
    OK. The corruption doesn't seem have resulted from a hardware issue with the Samsung SSD.

Jack E/NJ