Problem with swift 3 install

Options
anamy
anamy Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi!
I've a new swift 3 and when i turned on efi shell came up nothing else, in boot menu no harddisk or ssd. I started to install windows 10 from pendrive, in installer i couldn't see anything when i had to choose a harddisk where i could install windows,in command line i wrote list disk but only my pendrive was able to see. I did some bios settings to be sure they are goods, only sata mode was not done. In bios/main i pressed ctrl+S but not sata mode come up, what came up is VMD controller and touchpad. So i cant install windows for this laptop. Any idea to get sata mode in bios or other solution? Thanks for your time in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,571 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) Did you purchase this without an operating system installed?
    (2) Please post a phone photo of BIOS Information tab if possible?

Jack E/NJ

• anamy

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    Options
    I had no choice of operation system in my country, my another laptop came with linux. 
    Last image is after i pressed ctrl + S
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,571 Trailblazer
    Options
    Enable F12 boot option in BIOS main tab. The Win10 boot pendrive must be made with Microsoft's USB media creation tool or from a Win10 iso with Rufus or DD command on a GPT (not MBR)  scheme FAT32 formatted pendrive.

Jack E/NJ

• anamy

Tinkerer

Options
    I created the usb with rufus, in GPT and in fat32. Installer start, but when i want to choose where to install windows it shows nothing, and when i disk list in command line it shows only my usb.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Vmd controller is the setting but you should aim to leave it on 

Easy but bad turn it off and the drive appears. The drive will be slower and use more power 

Better option is turn it on , and use the Intel vmd driver from 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html

It's the Intel f6 floppy one, when you get to the bit where you can load a driver load it and install and enjoy the invisible benifits :) 
  • anamy

Tinkerer

Options
    How should u try to use f6 floppy one? I mean i ve one pendrive with windows, i can save this zip on that usb somewhere? or i should use 2 pendrive 1 with windows, 1 with driver? And should i unzip the f6 floppy driver anywhere? Thanks for your advices!
  • anamy

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you so much guys both of you, problem solved with this f6 flopyy driver!!!