Acer Care Centre Auto resetting startup settings Fix available or uninstall ?

TheDoctorAC
TheDoctorAC Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 8 in Acer Software
So I was trying to disable discord from startup up on boot and discord's in-app settings and task manager's startup tab were failing to do so. I found out that Acer Care Centre has a startup tab too which had discord enabled, I disabled it from there, restarted, and discord still opened again. On checking Acer Care Centre I saw it got reset to High Priority automatically. I disabled it again, closed Acer Care Centre (didn't restart), opened Acer Care Centre again and it again reset it to High Priority.
Fix available or uninstall ?
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• AroraSir
    AroraSir Member Posts: 1 New User
    The same problem facing since last year purchase of Acer Predator Helios 300, 2020 model, PH315-53
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @TheDoctorAC,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• garynandrajog
    garynandrajog Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem in my Predator Helios 300, 2021 model. Did anyone find a solution? It is very annoying.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Acer Care Center is just displaying the info that Windows is using. You need to disable the auto start in Discord itself. Under Settings; App Settings; Windows Settings there should be the option to disable that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kaiae
    Kaiae Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 8

The problem is still not fixed, I have disabled the startups from everywhere but it still in acer care center it automatically resets that. should i delete the care center?

I have Acer Nitro 5 (2023), i7 12th gen rtx 3070ti variant

This discussion has been closed.