My Aspire A515-54G-51C2 is not turning on

ashlife
ashlife Member Posts: 3 New User
I was having my online classes and my laptop screen turned off suddenly. To ensure it turned off I held the power button for 10secs and then I pressed it again to switch it on. But it didn't turn on but the charger led was still blue(when I switch on normally the keyboard lights up, the screen lights on and the status led lights up too).

So I removed the charger and repeated the process, but there was no response. Therefore I used a pin to reset the battery by poking the reset hole for 10secs, and pressed the power button after. Still nothing lights up.

Fyi when I connect the charger after removing, the charging led shows up orange, and the charging led turns blue in 2 to 5secs yet my keyboard and screen doesn't respond but my mouse(which is the only external peripheral connected) lights up for 2 secs.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    >>>So I removed the charger and repeated the process, but there was no response. Therefore I used a pin to reset the battery by poking the reset hole for 10secs, and pressed the power button after. Still nothing lights up.>>>

Unplug charger and do the pinhole reset again for 60 seconds while at the same time pressing and holding the power button. Plug the charger back in. The power LED must NOT be lit or blinking. Only the battery charge LED should be lit steady orange, then steady blue. No blinking.  Then try to turn machine on again

Jack E/NJ

• ashlife
    JackE said:
    >>>So I removed the charger and repeated the process, but there was no response. Therefore I used a pin to reset the battery by poking the reset hole for 10secs, and pressed the power button after. Still nothing lights up.>>>

Unplug charger and do the pinhole reset again for 60 seconds while at the same time pressing and holding the power button. Plug the charger back in. The power LED must NOT be lit or blinking. Only the battery charge LED should be lit steady orange, then steady blue. No blinking.  Then try to turn machine on again
    I tried what you said but still doesn't power on.

I've called my Acer agent to claim my warranty but due to ongoing Covid curfews it's not possible for me to deliver them my laptop. I would remove the battery myself if not for my warranty being void.

Still thank you for presenting your comment.
  • JackE
    When does warranty expire?

Jack E/NJ

• ashlife
    JackE said:
    When does warranty expire?
    In 1 and a half year
  • JackE
    OK. You have time. But still you should try to get it delivered to the service center as soon as possible.

Jack E/NJ