ACER ASPIRE 4741 BIOS UPDATE

Ken101
Ken101 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited July 19 in Aspire Laptops
Im going to revive my old laptop by updating first the bios before anything else

It says that my bios version is Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.12 and I want to update it to the latest version using the one that is in the acer website.

Question: is it okay to update it? My concern is in the photo

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,833 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    An i5-500m series PGA988 socket should also work. You'll have to compare its specs with the 400m series. Firmware v1.12 should already support i5s so don't mess with it. 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Unless the laptop is experiencing problems that are stated in the BIOS firmware update description, you should NOT update it.

Jack E/NJ

• Ken101

Tinkerer

Im upgrading my cpu thats why I'm updating the bios, or is it okay to upgrade the cpu with the current bios installed?

Please help I know nothing about these stuffs

I cant find anything online about the bios info (if there is, please let me know)

My only point on updating the bios is to upgrade the cpu
  • JackE
    What cpu are you going to use?

Jack E/NJ

• Ken101

Tinkerer

i5-450M, I think an i5-450M is the max cpu you can install with this motherboard, or is there other latest cpu i can install, please let me know. Thanks a lot
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    An i5-500m series PGA988 socket should also work. You'll have to compare its specs with the 400m series. Firmware v1.12 should already support i5s so don't mess with it. 

Jack E/NJ

• Ken101

Tinkerer

Oh I thought it doesn't support i5s cause the bios manufacturer is different. Thanks man thats all I need to know
  • JackE
    No. BIOS chip manufacturers are almost always different from higher level CPU chip manaufacturers in ACER laptops. Most recent BIOS chip suppliers are either Phoenix or Insyde.

Jack E/NJ

• Arco_Djue
    Arco_Djue Member Posts: 1 New User

PLEASE I ASK FOR AN ASPIRE 4741 BIOS UPDATE.
    MY CONSTRAINTS. WANT TO INSTALL HHD CADDY.
    AND CAN'T ENTER BOOTING. Thank you in advance

This discussion has been closed.