Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R14K Slim Laptop, do not see connection for internal ssd 2.5"

dariens007
dariens007 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi i bought this laptop and it came with a 2.5" ssd bracket, and a cable to connect the ssd to the motherboard
Removing the back panel i looked as good as i can i just dont see where to actually connect the cable to the motherboard
I'll attach pictures, any help would be very much appreciated!

Was also going to purchase a 1TB NVME m.2 Samsung 980, and a 16GB memory stick from g.skill. Think that will be applicable to this laptop for upgrade?

oh yeah I also tried looking up every number serial letter thing i could find on the motherboard. and i used HWinfo to try and help me verify the upgrade it wasn't really any help at all.......i tried..... :(

Best Answer

• dariens007
    Answer ✓
    JackE said:
    Small connector located immediately below the fan thermal module. You might have to remove screw from wifi card and lift card for better access.

THANKS!! um...how did you find that diagram? is there a place wher ei can download that diagram and anything else? more info is so kewl

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    Small connector located immediately below the fan thermal module. You might have to remove screw from wifi card and lift card for better access.

Jack E/NJ

• dariens007
    Answer ✓
    JackE said:

THANKS!! um...how did you find that diagram? is there a place wher ei can download that diagram and anything else? more info is so kewl
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Just google keywords 'your model number' and 'motherboard' and youtube videos for A515-4x & 5x series should pop up that are essentially and very close to being the same. manuals lib dot com often has the service manuals and specsheets for similar models in the series that you can download.

Jack E/NJ