Included CyberLInk sofrware ConceptD 5 CN517-71-7824

Options
ThierryH
ThierryH Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I've just bought an ACER ConceptD laptop, which comes with CyberLInk sofrware PhotoDirector for Acer and PowerDirector for Acer, which are resp. PhotoDirector 8 and PowerDirector 14.
With some research, I discovered these are antique (2015) versions of these software. I wonder why Acer didn't get these deals updated. The ConceptD range is meant for industry's top creative people...

I was invited to register to get updates and much more. Once registered you get informed there are no updates, but you are invited to sunscribe to PhotoDirector 365.
I Also found out you can download PhotoDirector 12 Essential (Free Software With 30-Day Premium Features). Is that the right thing to go for? Does it have all features of version 8? Is its use limited in time?

I currently use the Adobe Photography Plan, Luminar AI,  Aurora HDR, Sharpen AI, Denoise AI, Gigapixel AI etc.
I might be interested in using PhotoDirector features for fun and special effects, but I don't need yet another photography workflow suite.
Can it be used as a plugin for PhotoShop and LightRoom?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I Also found out you can download PhotoDirector 12 Essential (Free Software With 30-Day Premium Features). Is that the right thing to go for? Does it have all features of version 8? Is its use limited in time?>>>
    >>I might be interested in using PhotoDirector features for fun and special effects>>>Can it be used as a plugin for PhotoShop and LightRoom?

Sorry, it's highly unlikely anyone in these forums can  directly answer all your specific questions without trying the 30-day features trial. You could be the first and report your results here for the benefit of other forum users.  :)

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi ThierryH,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• ThierryH

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi JackE,

>>>Sorry, it's highly unlikely anyone in these forums can directly answer all your specific questions without trying the 30-day features trial.>>>

There is mainly only one question and I don't think this question is so specific.

My point is (probably) every Acer computer buyer gets a copy of PhotoDirector (8) and PowerDirector (14).
    These apps seem to be very useful and fun to use. PhotoDirector is full of PhotoShop features "made easy".

Some of these users probably tried them out Some might even have upgraded to a more recent version.
    Someone might have worked with e.g. PhotoDirector 12 Essential

Maybe someone from Acer can answer and confirm the included PhotoDirector for Acer might be a PhotoDirector 8 "Essential" version? In that case I can just download and replace it with version 12.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Some of these users probably tried them out Some might even have upgraded to a more recent version. Someone might have worked with e.g. PhotoDirector 12 Essential >>>

True. Some or someone might. But if it costs money, probably not. So you could still be first or at least first to report here on these forums. :)

Jack E/NJ

• ThierryH

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Easwar,

>>>May I know the full model name of your unit.>>>

It's a ConceptD 5 CN517-71-7824 (Azerty).