Hi please help. which kingston listed below is compatible to Acer aspire E5-476G-38QZ?

emmzrd
emmzrd Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I want to upgrade my laptop to 1 TB SSD. Can you please help me. Thank you

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The 2.5" KC600 will fit and work in your laptop.

However, you must check your own mainboard m.2 socket for one or two key bumps for the other two other m.2 Kingston NV1 & A2000models. This is because the E5-476G series might have a mainboard with the one key bump socket  or the two key bump socket. To be on the safe side, you should check this before ordering an m.2 NVME card which requires a one key bump socket as shown in the previous images.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Yes, the 2.5" KC600 can replace a 2.5" HDD if you have a 2.5" HDD already installed.

The other two m.2 NV1 & A2000 cards will only fit and work at SATA3 speeds. But you must first check if the m.2 socket on your laptop's mainboard has a single M-key bump on the right hand side. If it has two B+M key bumps, the m.2 nvme cards won't fit.

Jack E/NJ

• emmzrd

Tinkerer

I see, thank you Jacke =)im just a little confused i saw from a different thread here discussing about the same acer laptop model acer aspire 476G 38qz ssd slot, they were saying that they can use m.2 nvme cards?
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/581004/ssd-slot-aspire-e5-476g-38qz#latest
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    emmzrd said:
    I see, thank you Jacke =)im just a little confused i saw from a different thread here discussing about the same acer laptop model acer aspire 476G 38qz ssd slot, they were saying that they can use m.2 nvme cards?
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/581004/ssd-slot-aspire-e5-476g-38qz#latest
    Just as an addition, here is what type of drives that Acer fits to your Aspire E5-476G of either 2.5 inch drives and/or M.2 drives:

• emmzrd

Tinkerer

Thank you Steven =). Im looking for a 1 TB SSD just want to confirm with Jacke's advise. Is this Kingston KC600 the correct one?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    The 2.5" KC600 will fit and work in your laptop.

However, you must check your own mainboard m.2 socket for one or two key bumps for the other two other m.2 Kingston NV1 & A2000models. This is because the E5-476G series might have a mainboard with the one key bump socket  or the two key bump socket. To be on the safe side, you should check this before ordering an m.2 NVME card which requires a one key bump socket as shown in the previous images.

Jack E/NJ

• emmzrd

Tinkerer

okay thank you very much Jacke for the detailed response.  :)=)