Replace optical drive in TC-780A-UR12

dbecker801
dbecker801 Member Posts: 2 New User
I want to replace the optical drive with a Blu-Ray recorder. I have a slimline drive that should fit, but I'm having trouble removing the front bezel from both the case and the existing optical drive. With the case, it feels like there's a set of clips that need to be unclipped on the motherboard side, but I don't see a way to remove that panel. The closest bit of information I've found is a service manual for a TC-780, but there are enough differences between the two of them that the guide isn't particularly helpful. Any thoughts?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    You need to remove the drive bezel before you can remove the front case bezel or the drive itself. Here's a picture:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dbecker801
    dbecker801 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    You need to remove the drive bezel before you can remove the front case bezel or the drive itself. Here's a picture:

That's the TC-780, and that pic is from the service manual I mentioned in my original post. I have a TC-780A: 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    That picture is from the TC-780A service guide. The latch should be similar...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.