Replacing gt 720 by hd 630? - aspire xc 780

OP3927
OP3927 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
I want to ask if i can refused to unplug my gt720 meanwhile to have my hd 630 installed and gt720 uninstalled?
My pc is aspire xc 780 with i3-7100 [hd 630] + gt 720
but since the gt720 is least usable than hd 630
however i did not have a place to place for my gt 720 and baffle for the gap after unplug my gt720
also i can't just install hd 630 driver when gt 720 is plugged
it will just failed with code 8

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    When you have a GPU plugged into the PCIe x16 slot, the onboard video is disabled, so drivers can not be installed. Download drivers for the HD 630 so they are available, power down and remove the GT 720 and plug your video into the motherboard, then bring it back up. It likely will come up with a Basic VGA Adapter drivers, but you can then install the right ones.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• OP3927
    also i choose the wrong topic sorry QAQ
    i did not know what this related to
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    When you have a GPU plugged into the PCIe x16 slot, the onboard video is disabled, so drivers can not be installed. Download drivers for the HD 630 so they are available, power down and remove the GT 720 and plug your video into the motherboard, then bring it back up. It likely will come up with a Basic VGA Adapter drivers, but you can then install the right ones.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OP3927
    billsey said:
    ok, but since i saw some people they can use 2 gpu with a on board gpu and a gpu. i want to ask if my pc are ok to done with this settings? Cz when i plug my gt720 , the video output in bios was discrete ,  but when i unplug it, it shows to be on board? But whenever both choices it has, both are fixed choice and i can't change it.

Also a little question, is hd 630 handle good in apex? Cz i turn all to the preset quality but my friend said that my cpu may ran out problem if i keep playing for a long time , since when i play, my cpu can easily got arround 80~85 degree , would u suggest i play apex like that? Or not suggested to play?

Last, when i use the hd 630 , my background sometimes shown like this, and sometimes are worse, are that display error?
  • billsey
    The Acer motherboard does not support using the onboard graphics and a GPU card at the same time.
  • OP3927
    billsey said:
    The Acer motherboard does not support using the onboard graphics and a GPU card at the same time.
    thanks, but why is my background always display like this ?  , it happened after i unplug my gt 720, are it a display error ? Cz when i double click the app and try rename, they return to normal, but when i renamed, it just happen again
  • billsey
    What resolution do you have set in Display Settings? What font and size do you have on the Desktop?
  • OP3927
    billsey said:
    What resolution do you have set in Display Settings? What font and size do you have on the Desktop?
    My resolution is 1920x1080, size is 100 and font i dont know

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Try adjusting your visual effect. I had to do this after an update for ghosty, grainy images. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fala139pz88
  • OP3927
    Larryodie said:
    Try adjusting your visual effect. I had to do this after an update for ghosty, grainy images. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fala139pz88
    ok got it thx.