Acer Aspire A717 won’t start up, only keyboard blinks, how can I fix this?

Bamboo2000
Bamboo2000 Member Posts: 2 New User
First time this issue happened, I tried turning my laptop on for it to show the Acer logo on the screen and then went black. I tried turning it on again, that’s when nothing would happen but the keyboard lights would turn off and on. My brother told me to plug the charger in and let it sit for a little bit then try turning it on later. I did that and it turned on like normal.

The next day I got the laptop out again and when I went to google chrome, the screen started glitching and I couldn’t click on anything, so I forced shut down. I tried turning it back on and the same issue. I tried the solution from before, but it didn’t work this time. Later in the day I tried again, and I was able to get to the Acer logo but then it froze and nothing happened.

I have no idea what’s wrong, and if I can avoid taking it somewhere to get fixed, that would be preferable. But alas, if that is what needs to be done, so be it. Could anyone help me?

Best Answer

• Bamboo2000
    Answer ✓
    I was able to fix the issue so I thought I’d share incase someone else has a similar problem. All I did was take out one of the two ram sticks and it booted up just like normal. I put the ram stick back in and still worked after that.

Answers

• Bamboo2000
    Answer ✓
    I was able to fix the issue so I thought I’d share incase someone else has a similar problem. All I did was take out one of the two ram sticks and it booted up just like normal. I put the ram stick back in and still worked after that.