gilmore
gilmore Member Posts: 2 New User
 :):):):):):)  

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    gilmore said:
    i have bought an nvme m.2(kingston a2000), and it doesn't appear on the boot menu.what should i do? do i have still a chance to use nmve?if nothing will do,i will just settle on a sata m2. ssd then.
    My advice to you and with your new Kingston NVMe M.2 A2000 is to clone this new drive first (use Macrium Reflect v7) and clone your old OS Win-10 onto this new drive and use this drive as your boot drive and use the spinner HDD as a slave drive. Your Aspire E5-575 can take 1x 2.5" SATA-3 at 6GB/sec spinner HDD or 2.5" SSD drive and can also take 1X M.2 drive of the B&M end key type drive or the NVMe M end key type drives that feature e-NAND system specification, compliant with V5.0, Dual data rate: up to 400Mbyte/s @ 200MHz.This is a list of the Acer type M.2 drives fitted by Acer to your laptop but its not restricted to these capacity sizes as the capacities are only restricted by the windows formatting rules. Also, you can use the Crucial Upgrade Scan that will advise you of all the upgrades like HDD's SSD's and RAM for your laptop. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Yes, it will take either an m.2 SATA3 card or an m.2 NVME card which will be about twice as fast as the SATA3 card.

Jack E/NJ

• gilmore
    gilmore Member Posts: 2 New User
    i have bought an nvme m.2(kingston a2000), and it doesn't appear on the boot menu.what should i do? do i have still a chance to use nmve?if nothing will do,i will just settle on a sata m2. ssd then.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    gilmore said:
    My advice to you and with your new Kingston NVMe M.2 A2000 is to clone this new drive first (use Macrium Reflect v7) and clone your old OS Win-10 onto this new drive and use this drive as your boot drive and use the spinner HDD as a slave drive. Your Aspire E5-575 can take 1x 2.5" SATA-3 at 6GB/sec spinner HDD or 2.5" SSD drive and can also take 1X M.2 drive of the B&M end key type drive or the NVMe M end key type drives that feature e-NAND system specification, compliant with V5.0, Dual data rate: up to 400Mbyte/s @ 200MHz.This is a list of the Acer type M.2 drives fitted by Acer to your laptop but its not restricted to these capacity sizes as the capacities are only restricted by the windows formatting rules. Also, you can use the Crucial Upgrade Scan that will advise you of all the upgrades like HDD's SSD's and RAM for your laptop.