I am having acer A515-51G-50UW laptop. Now this laptop giving me screen flickering/blinking issue.

Chunouti
Chunouti Member Posts: 3 New User
1. on safe mode no flickering.
2. external LED via HDMI port, no flickering.
3.on normal mode when i change the setting of brightness level, flickering rate increases.
4. when i remove laptop's display cable and again plug in, screen works properly for next 4 to 5 days and then again flickering gets started 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>4. when i remove laptop's display cable and again plug in, screen works properly for next 4 to 5 days and then again flickering gets started  >>>

Sounds like dirty connector contacts at the mainboard connector and at the base of the screen connector. Both connectors should  be re-seated at least a half dozen or so times to help clean the contacts. Make sure you disconnect the battery when you do this. The screen bezel and hinge cover must be removed to access the connector at the base of the screen.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>4. when i remove laptop's display cable and again plug in, screen works properly for next 4 to 5 days and then again flickering gets started  >>>

Sounds like dirty connector contacts at the mainboard connector and at the base of the screen connector. Both connectors should  be re-seated at least a half dozen or so times to help clean the contacts. Make sure you disconnect the battery when you do this. The screen bezel and hinge cover must be removed to access the connector at the base of the screen.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Chunouti,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​