aspire 3 a315-53g.How can I transfer my data from my old hard drive to SSD?

Mumbaki
Mumbaki Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Im planning on buying an internal ssd to replce my old hdd. How can I transfer data (e.g "OS", "Apps", "Files", etc) ? My computer is aspire 3 a315-53g.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you're replacing the 2.5" HDD drive with a 2.5" SSD, you can clone/migrate the HDD files to the SSD using a 2.5" USB-to-SSD/HDD adapter. Adapter is less than $10 from Amazon. Or if you're adding an m.2 SSD card, you can install the card and clone/migrate the HDD directly. Many different freeware cloning/migrating tools are available such as MacriumReflect, AOEMI, etc.

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Mumbaki

If you already have an external HDD you can create and store system image to this external HDD drive first.
    Remove original internal HDD.

With external HDD connected, install the new 2.5" SATA3 SSD or M.2 NVMe SSD of your choice by restoring the system image saved. (When bootup hold down Fn and ALT keys and keep tapping F10 key getting to the restore menu, Troubleshoot->Find the "Restore Option"->System Image Recovery
    Select the image from external HDD. Be patience, it may take quite a while.

Go to BIOS Setup, hit F( (load Optimized defaults)
    Hit F10 (Save and exit).

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you're replacing the 2.5" HDD drive with a 2.5" SSD, you can clone/migrate the HDD files to the SSD using a 2.5" USB-to-SSD/HDD adapter. Adapter is less than $10 from Amazon. Or if you're adding an m.2 SSD card, you can install the card and clone/migrate the HDD directly. Many different freeware cloning/migrating tools are available such as MacriumReflect, AOEMI, etc.

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Mumbaki

If you already have an external HDD you can create and store system image to this external HDD drive first.
    Remove original internal HDD.

With external HDD connected, install the new 2.5" SATA3 SSD or M.2 NVMe SSD of your choice by restoring the system image saved. (When bootup hold down Fn and ALT keys and keep tapping F10 key getting to the restore menu, Troubleshoot->Find the "Restore Option"->System Image Recovery
    Select the image from external HDD. Be patience, it may take quite a while.

Go to BIOS Setup, hit F( (load Optimized defaults)
    Hit F10 (Save and exit).