WiFi problem with Acer Aspire A715-71G-72WV with Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A wifi card

thehornet
thehornet Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi!

My laptop don't want to access to internet.

Devices in the network:

- Laptop: Acer Aspire A715-71G-72WV

- Laptop’s wifi card: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A

- Wifi driver: 12.0.0.916 (Qualcomm diver)

- Windows type: 10 x64

- Router: Xiaomi AC2350

- SSID: same name for 2.4GHz and 5GHz + SSID_Guest (for the guest with network key)

- I have connected a NAS and a set-top-box via LAN to the router

Description of the problem:

1. When I turn on my laptop, it can connect to my SSID, but I have no internet connection, but I see my NAS.

2. If I connect to my SSID_Guest I have internet acess, but I don’t see my NAS.

3. I have tried network reset (Network & Internet settings > Network reset > Turn off computer): I can connect to my SSID with internet connection, but after 2-5 mins the internet connection will lost.

4. I have tried to uninstall the wifi adapter: the problem was still arrived.

5. I have tried newer driver: the problem was still arrived.

Can someone help me?

Answers

• Citromos
    Citromos Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Check the router settings. It is worthwhile to restore factory data on the router. My problem was solved by another Wifi card, but he was a little bit of trouble.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1036745#Comment_1036745
  • thehornet

Tinkerer

Citromos said:
    Check the router settings. It is worthwhile to restore factory data on the router. My problem was solved by another Wifi card, but he was a little bit of trouble.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1036745#Comment_1036745

Hi Citromos!

The router is brand new (I bought it 2 days ago). Before, I have an ASUS RT-N12+: the problem was same, but with phones, too. :)
    I have read your trouble with the new card, but I dont want to change my card yet... Which is the card type?

• Citromos
    Citromos Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I can think that the DNS server on the router or computer is not automatic. Or assigning a DHCP address to the router is incorrect. I can't help anything else.
  • thehornet

Tinkerer

Citromos said:
    I can think that the DNS server on the router or computer is not automatic. Or assigning a DHCP address to the router is incorrect. I can't help anything else.

I have checked the DNS server on the computer: it is automatic
    On router I think, it is automatic, too:

My router assign adresses from 192.168.1.1xx to 192.168.1.250 to connected devices. I have manually assigned IP adresses to my devices. They are now working with static IP adresses when I connect them to the network. Now I have deleted the manually assigment for my laptop, and I will test it now... My routers DNS assignment table can see on picture below:
    If I connect my laptop via SSID_Guest to the router, it gives him IP adress from 192.168.13.xxx.

My laptop is alway connect on 5GHz to the router (the router-laptop distance is only cca. 3 meters). Do you think this could be the problem?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    5GHz should be fine, the signal will be weaker but the speed faster. When assigning static IP's are you doing it on the client side or the router? If client side it could be the router isnt accepting the IP from the client for some reason 🤔 when you lose network next could you try to ping 8.8.8.8 to see if its DNS or network :)
  • thehornet

Tinkerer

Leostat said:
    5GHz should be fine, the signal will be weaker but the speed faster. When assigning static IP's are you doing it on the client side or the router? If client side it could be the router isnt accepting the IP from the client for some reason 🤔 when you lose network next could you try to ping 8.8.8.8 to see if its DNS or network :)

Hi Leostat!
    The static IP assigning was doing on the router. Now, I have deleted this assigning for my laptop, but I keep all IP assigning for my other devices (phones, NAS, set-top-boxes). The problem is still arriving.

Now, I have tried to torn off 5G wifi signal on router (so, now I have only 2.4G signal). The problem is still arriving.

I can only connect in this way (no matter if singnal is 2.4G or 5G):
    1. Turning on my laptop.
    2. When my lapton turns on: Network & Internet settings > Network reset
    3. Turn off laptop
    4. Turn on laptop
    5. Connect to my SSID with typeing the key
    If I close lid, restart or going to sleep my laptop, and I awake it, it will lost the SSID and I must once again 1. turning of laptop, 2. Network & Internet settings > Network reset. 3... etc.