Invalid signature check secure boot policy in set up Acer TC 885

Liz42
Liz42 Member Posts: 2 New User
After Microsoft  updates computer will not boot and just gives the error message above. I tried to boot in safe mode using F8 but no response ..just get... the error message back..any ideas on what I can do now or other methods to get into safe mode?  My computer is Acer TC 885 desktop running Windows 10

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It sounds like something has tripped secure boot, if you mash f11 on boot does it drop you to the windows avanced start up options? I think the best bet is trying to do a system restore
  • Liz42
    Liz42 Member Posts: 2 New User
    No ..nothing happens...just goes back to error message...I would not buy from Acer again..impossible to get any help..rang all day Friday then at 3pm informed CLOSED!!..I am in uk
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Something has been mucking around with your EFI load to trip that error mode. Likely a virus got in but wasn't sophisticated enough to do more than corrupt it. Do you have access to a Windows install flash drive, or another computer to create one? If so you can boot from the flash drive, go into Repair mode then rebuild the EFI partition with the real deal.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.