Calibrating Battery on Acer Aspire

YangCruz
YangCruz Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, I just bought my acer aspire laptop and I've been exploring it until acer care pops up. I've done other things and when it comes to calibrating the battery for better performance, it says it should be plugged in to start calibrating but when I did, It took me like a lifetime. My question is, how long will you calibrate the battery? Is there a specific length of usage for the laptop before you calibrate again? Thanks

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    With the laptop turn off, plug the charger in till the battery charge LED turns steady blue. This might take up to eight hours depending on the battery's initial charge level.  Then boot the laptop. After it's fully booted, remove the charger and continue to use the machine till the battery monitor gives the 10% warning lever to plug the charger back in. Should be suitably calibrated thereafter.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    With the laptop turn off, plug the charger in till the battery charge LED turns steady blue. This might take up to eight hours depending on the battery's initial charge level.  Then boot the laptop. After it's fully booted, remove the charger and continue to use the machine till the battery monitor gives the 10% warning lever to plug the charger back in. Should be suitably calibrated thereafter.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi YangCruz,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Jack E/NJ

• YangCruz
    YangCruz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you so much! :D