Is PredatorSense accurate PO3-630

Options
brandonhorn
brandonhorn Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited August 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hi, I am wondering if the predator sense software is accurate. I am using the PO3-630 model with rtx3070 and i7-11700F. The gpu says no higher than 61c and the cpu stays at around 55ish even while gaming. But when I use other software to check the cpu temp such as afterburner or HWinfo it says the cpu is at 100c. I reinstalled the predator sense software and it is still reading cool temps. 

I should also note that even when I am gaming, there is cool air being pushed out of the pc and the computer does not feel warm by any means. So I am wondering if the predator sense readings are in fact correct or I really am running at dangerously hot temperatures? I really am not sure which readings to trust.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi brandonhorn,

Adjust the fan speed and check the temp.
  • Markjaycee
    Markjaycee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just bought one of these 3 weeks ago... my cpu often reads 80 - 90c even with fans full blast and sitting in windows desktop but does go down to 55 sometimes
  • sfanucchi88
    sfanucchi88 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hey, I have the same model and when I got it I was getting 75-80c on the 3070 and 90+c on the CPU while gaming (call of duty).   I upgraded the CPU cooler to the Noctua NH-U9S and installed MSI Afterburner to mod the GPU fan curve.   I also removed the HDD tray for better case airflow since I use a second NVME rather than a HDD.    Made a huge difference,  now the CPU sits 65-70c max and the 3070 sits around 65-71c max when gaming (this is with leaving the fans on auto). Both sit in the 30-40c range when idling and browsing the web. 

Something is for sure weird if your predatorsense is reading that low.  I wouldn't trust it. MSI Afterburner and HWinfo are the way to go!   

FYI  don't leave predatorsense open other than when changing RGB colors, it causes random freezes.  Not that require a restart but last 1-3 seconds. really sucks when in a game. 

• sharz04
    sharz04 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2023
    Options

PO3-630 model with rtx3070 and i7-11700F is of poor quality. The case is to small, the cooler is rubbish, cheap cooling paste is used. You have to turn off the smart fan in the BIOS settings. For it to regulate cooler tempratures. I sent the model to acer to fix, as it was overheating and crashing. They said it was dusty cleaned it and didnt bother to check what was actually wrong with it. I have an event viewer full of critical issues from day one. The way this system is built is terrible, due to lack of cooling your CPU will just overheat and other parts will fry lol.

1. You should change the case.
    2. You need to purchase a better cooling system.
    3. Change the cooling paste (they used cheap paste)

I would not buy this model issues from day one. Acer support is rubbish too, wouldnt buy from them again. Better to build a PC yourself.