Replacements for predator Orion 3000 PO3-620

Options
Username__
Username__ Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hello, I currently have the predator Orion PO3-620 , with a 2060 super, and I was wondering if this gpu is able to be replaced with any other GPUs (preferably a 3060 ti or 3070) that have the right dimensions to fit this case?

Additionally, are there any power sources I could buy to accommodate for a new gpu ( maybe a 650 W)

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,757 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That's all we asked. Some systems have a 300W supply, some a 500W. Yours is the 500W version. So you can drop any GPU in that will run on 500W. To put in a GPU with a larger power budget you will need a larger PSU and they aren't easy to find. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options
    Power supplies are the issue. Your PO3-620 uses a ATX12VO supply and there aren't yet very many available on the aftermarket. Which size PSU do you have now? It should be on a sticker on the PSU...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Username__
    Options
    billsey said:
    Power supplies are the issue. Your PO3-620 uses a ATX12VO supply and there aren't yet very many available on the aftermarket. Which size PSU do you have now? It should be on a sticker on the PSU...
    Is it this:
  • Username__
    Options
    Also could be this, not really sure sorry:
  • billsey
    Options
    Nope, there should be a sticker on the PSU itself with the info. That sticker looks like one from the outside of the case. Yours is likely a 500W sourced either from Lite-On or Chicony. It will not have a 24 pin connector, it will have a six pin and a four pin instead.
  • Username__
    Options
    billsey said:
    Nope, there should be a sticker on the PSU itself with the info. That sticker looks like one from the outside of the case. Yours is likely a 500W sourced either from Lite-On or Chicony. It will not have a 24 pin connector, it will have a six pin and a four pin instead.

There's no other stickers besides the one I sent, even on the visible inside. 
  • Username__
    Options
    Only thing I know before is that it's maximum wattage is 500- doesn't tell me anything else about the PSU on it's specs
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That's all we asked. Some systems have a 300W supply, some a 500W. Yours is the 500W version. So you can drop any GPU in that will run on 500W. To put in a GPU with a larger power budget you will need a larger PSU and they aren't easy to find. :(
  • Username__
    Options
    billsey said:
    Haha sorry, thanks so much for your help :)