X34 Predator Power Surge Issues

Options
x34_6579754
x34_6579754 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2021 in Predator Monitors
Anyone else have power surge issues with their Acer X34 Predator monitor? Started happening a couple of months ago.

I run a webcam plugged in via the USB ports on the monitor. The webcam works fine. The error message still comes up when the webcam is not plugged into the X34 usb ports.

The error message pops us constantly whenever i plug the USB uplink from the monitor into my PC.

I've tried different ports and it doesn't help. Any ideas?
p1.jpg 13.8K

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is there any chance there is something contaminating one of the ports on the display that could be partially shorting it? A webcam certainly shouldn't be overloading the power budget.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • x34_6579754
    Options
    As soon as I plug in the blue uplink cable from the monitor to the PC, Windows 10 shows up the surging power message. This is even when the webcam isnt even plugged in. I blew out any dust from the ports and the same issue is occuring. Shame I dont have another cable the same type, otherwise I would try it.
  • x34_6579754
    Options
    I plugged the monitor into my work MS Surface and the same power surge error message come up. Definately something to do with the cable or the monitor  :/
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, it sounds like you have it mostly pinned down. If you are still in warranty go ahead and contact Acer support and let them sort it out. If out of warranty look into trying a different cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.