How to fix horizontal and vertical line on Acer Spin 5 SP513-54N Sceen (LCD)

Andosonson
Andosonson Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello Acer community, I bought an Acer spin 5 on August 2020, suddenly in october 2020 i faced LCD problem, many lines appear on the top of the screen, day after day the lines fill completely the screen and the display became very very bad, i have contacted Acer support to repport the issue and they asked me to to send the laptop to Acer repair... i have sent the laptop then they repair it for me... one week ago (july 31 2020) the same problem happen... Now the screen become very bag again... I write just to ask what you did exactly in the first repair (case ID is 335129US)??? did you change the LCD or Flex??? I'am not living in the USA, it cost me about 4 months to send and receive back to/from Acer support... my laptop warranty now expired, i want to solve the problem myself... Please tell me exactly what did you change at the first repair... My repair case ID was 335129US...

Answers

• @Andosonson

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..     Regarding the details about your case you can contact the warranty dept. 

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Since you want to fix the problem yourself I am ready to help you on this .. 

First of all we need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue. 

Turn off the computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios.   Please stay on the bios screen for 30 mins.    If the display is looking good on bios then it is a software issue.   If the display is not looking good on the bios screen then it is a hardware issue.   

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Don’t restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the display driver 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Andosonson

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    @Andosonson

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..     Regarding the details about your case you can contact the warranty dept. 

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Since you want to fix the problem yourself I am ready to help you on this .. 

First of all we need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue. 

Turn off the computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios.   Please stay on the bios screen for 30 mins.    If the display is looking good on bios then it is a software issue.   If the display is not looking good on the bios screen then it is a hardware issue.   

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Don’t restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the display driver 

Thanks you for your fast reply... I can confirm it is hadware issue... I already have an old resolved case registered to your system Case Number: 335129US Please looking to it, and tell me exactly what to buy to change because i cannot send my laptop again and my laptop warranty is expired even i use it for about 6 month only

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,198 Pathfinder
    edited August 2021
    @Andosonson

It looks like a hardware issue since the display is not looking good on bios.   

I got a temporary solution for your problem.   Please connect a external monitor to your laptop and use it.    The display will be good on the external monitor.  

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept.    You can check the exact warranty expiry date and you can also check whether you have any service warranty since you already sent the laptop for repair center.     Regarding the case details you have to contact the acer warranty dept.   I dont have any info on that. 

For time being you can use an external monitor or even a smart TV connected to your laptop.     Please contact the local technician for the parts you need to buy.   It might even be simple cable issue.   They will open the laptop and confirm the exact part which is gone bad.       

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Andosonson

Tinkerer

@Andosonson

It looks like a hardware issue since the display is not looking good on bios.   

I got a temporary solution for your problem.   Please connect a external monitor to your laptop and use it.    The display will be good on the external monitor.  

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept.    You can check the exact warranty expiry date and you can also check whether you have any service warranty since you already sent the laptop for repair center.     Regarding the case details you have to contact the acer warranty dept.   I dont have any info on that. 

For time being you can use an external monitor or even a smart TV connected to your laptop.     Please contact the local technician for the parts you need to buy.   It might even be simple cable issue.   They will open the laptop and confirm the exact part which is gone bad.       

I still don't understand why you think i can get those informations from Acer support easier than you, You and Warranty dept are working for the same company, you could only request repair information about my case 335129US and i think many people will not have to ask for the same informations everytime...

As you can see in the pictures below, the display is good on external monitors and it is not a tempory solution because i cannot bring the external monitor with me everywhere i go... 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    @Andosonson we don't have any visibility into Acer support, this is a community support site and is made up of other Acer users.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Andosonson

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    billsey said:
    @Andosonson we don't have any visibility into Acer support, this is a community support site and is made up of other Acer users.
    Can you please tell me where i can buy a video cable or a LCD for this model (SP513-54N-74V2
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086KJCJDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    The display is Acer part number: 6M.HQUN1.001, the cable is included with the display assembly. Try searching on that number. I assume you are no longer under warranty? Using warranty repair will be the least expensive option.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TechIm512
    TechIm512 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am also facing the same issue. First time happened just under 2 years after I had the laptop but was still in warranty so replaced free of charge.

The issue happened again the other day but ot is now out of warranty and I have searched for a replacement part but it is hard to find. Found one source which had it listed as €472 which is £411 where I am, or 511 in dollars. Therefore I chose to purchase a new laptop since it is not worth it especially as this is one of many issues I have or have had with this laptop