My touchpad is not working exclamation i2c Hid in Device manager. - Acer Aspire 5 A514 -54G

maribeau
maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I already went to Acer Partner Service Center.I just pull it out cz I can't afford having no computer, I am using it at work. Thay already reformat and reset it. still.not working. Touchpad is not showing in Bios and Settings. already installed the driver from.the website, not working. Any help how to fix this.. This is just 4 months old.

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• maribeau
    Anyone encounter this. Please help...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,831 Trailblazer
    It might help if you could reveal your ACER model number. For example, A515-54G? Or E5-575? Or AN514-33? Or ES1-112?

Jack E/NJ

• maribeau
    Acer Aspire 5 A514 -54G
  • JackE
    >>>I already went to Acer Partner Service Center>>> Thay already reformat and reset it.>>>

If the center re-installed the ACER OEM factory Win10 version (NOT the Microsoft generic Win10 version) and it still doesn't work, then it's a likely hardware issue. If it's still under warranty, you should arrange for warranty repair service.

Jack E/NJ

• maribeau
    I went to Bios..then press ctrl +s ..then a touchpad show up.. ..2 options der i2c or p2s... I choose p2s..and now touchpad is working...but the problem is it doest scroll or zoom in 
  • Batareika007
    Batareika007 Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi maribeau

In bios under main tab, try to combine "Ctrl + S" then move arrows up and down, then the "touch pad" will be visible (it's work on some models)
    then try to change it
  • Batareika007
    maribeau said:
    I went to Bios..then press ctrl +s ..then a touchpad show up.. ..2 options der i2c or p2s... I choose p2s..and now touchpad is working...but the problem is it doest scroll or zoom in 

I had predator and for it scroll not working too in "p2s" only work at "i2c" try it, and maybe reinstall driver from acer support
  • maribeau
    What did you do po to fix yours?
  • Batareika007
    maribeau said:
    What did you do po to fix yours?

in bios, main tab, press ctrl + s . under touchpad chose I2C save setting and restart.

on P2S, scroll didn't work for me 
  • maribeau
    But do we have same scenario before that touchpad not showing in settings and Bios?
  • JackE
    Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it will find any updated drivers online to remove the yellow warning in Device Manager.

Jack E/NJ

• maribeau
    I reinstall the driver stil doesnt work
  • maribeau
    I install it before still not work
  • Batareika007
    maribeau said:
    But do we have same scenario before that touchpad not showing in settings and Bios?

I had something different, but it not showing  in bios, only after I press ctrl+s

you had two drivers for your model, which one did you install ? --> https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IL/content/support-product/8626?b=1

• maribeau
    Synaptics...,.
  • JackE
    >>>I install it before still not work >>>

What is IT that you installed? I have no idea what you mean by IT ?

Jack E/NJ

• maribeau
    @JackE when did you encounter this issue?.. is it still not fix until now?
  • JackE
    >>>@JackE when did you encounter this issue?.. is it still not fix until now?>>>

I don't know what issue that you think I encountered?

Jack E/NJ

• Batareika007
    well I think JackE have the best answer
    JackE said:
    >>>I already went to Acer Partner Service Center>>> Thay already reformat and reset it.>>>

If the center re-installed the ACER OEM factory Win10 version (NOT the Microsoft generic Win10 version) and it still doesn't work, then it's a likely hardware issue. If it's still under warranty, you should arrange for warranty repair service.

Go to acer and ask for replacement the unit, or wait for that hardware piece to arrive, till then use it for work.
    Шf the Acer Service cant fix it, this is not your problem, but theirs, if necessary, insist for replacement.

• maribeau
    huhu there is really no chance to fix this w/out going there?