Aspire A315-34 won't turn on and no power or battery light

ElleLW
ElleLW Member Posts: 3 New User
I have an aspire A315-34, it was working fine for a few hours this morning and then switched off randomly without warning. I've tried doing the battery reset with a pin in the hole and leaving the laptop for a while before trying to turn it on. Pressing the power button isn't working, there's no sign of the laptop starting at all, no noise from the fan and the power light isn't coming on. I've tried plugging the charger in and pressing the power button, still nothing. When I plug the charger in the charger light on the laptop doesn't come on.

I had just plugged the charger in cause the battery was getting low and didn't have long left and it just switched off. Could it be a problem with my charger or the battery? I have no way to test the charger in another device or try another charger in my laptop. 

This has happened once before but resetting the battery worked then. This time it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Does anyone have a solution?

Best Answer

• ElleLW
    Answer ✓
    If anyone finds this and is having similar issues, I'd recommend getting your laptop checked by a professional. I ended up taking mine to be checked, only to find out there was a part of the circuit that had burnt out, it was literally burnt inside. Apparently my laptop was probably working fine that day until I plugged in the charger and caused a power surge through the circuit board. So yeah, if you're having similar issues as I described, I'd definitely get it checked.

My laptop was just over 12 months old, there was no damage to it, physical/accidental or water damage, no explanation to why this happened, really. 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ElleLW,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.
  • ElleLW
    Easwar said:
    Hi ElleLW,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.
    I've tried doing that already and it's still not turning on at all. That method worked last time I had the issue, a few months ago. I've also tried resetting the battery using the pin and then leaving it to charge for a few hours before turning it on but still nothing. The problem is I don't know where the issue is, it could be the charger, it could be the battery, it could be something else entirely. If I could work out where the issue is, it'd be easier to fix.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
  • ElleLW
    Answer ✓
    If anyone finds this and is having similar issues, I'd recommend getting your laptop checked by a professional. I ended up taking mine to be checked, only to find out there was a part of the circuit that had burnt out, it was literally burnt inside. Apparently my laptop was probably working fine that day until I plugged in the charger and caused a power surge through the circuit board. So yeah, if you're having similar issues as I described, I'd definitely get it checked.

My laptop was just over 12 months old, there was no damage to it, physical/accidental or water damage, no explanation to why this happened, really.