want to upgrade my i3 7100 but i dont know to what.

Options
mahmoud585
mahmoud585 Member Posts: 2 New User
so my pc is good it has 1050 gtx and 12gb ram and i3 7100, i want to  upgrade my i3 7100 to newer one cheap for gaming better than one i have its pretty bad fps on most games, |
i have motherboard: h110m-s2v-cf and intel i3 7100 , what do i upgrade my i3 to ?? im new on this stuff so i dont know much

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited August 2021
    Options
    mahmoud585

Instead of spending money on upgrade my recommendation is to buy a brand new computer with latest gaming specifications..    If you are using a desktop pc and if you are already having the monitor then you can buy the cabinet alone and you can connect it to your existing monitor. 

If you are really interested in gaming better by a new computer with i7 processor,  16 gb ram and a good graphics card..     Since you are using a pc  ( desktop i believe ) you can buy a gaming cabinet alone  ( which includes motherboard, processsor, ram, display card and smps ).    It will be really useful to play all the latest games.

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• mahmoud585
    mahmoud585 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    mahmoud585

Instead of spending money on upgrade my recommendation is to buy a brand new computer with latest gaming specifications..    If you are using a desktop pc and if you are already having the monitor then you can buy the cabinet alone and you can connect it to your existing monitor. 

If you are really interested in gaming better by a new computer with i7 processor,  16 gb ram and a good graphics card..     Since you are using a pc  ( desktop i believe ) you can buy a gaming cabinet alone  ( which includes motherboard, processsor, ram, display card and smps ).    It will be really useful to play all the latest games.

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.
    i don't think i really need to buy new whole pc my pc is fine just want to upgrade the processor and it will be much better which i have already 1050 gtx and 12gb ram :D thanks for reply!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @mahmoud585

Do you know that games demand the most performance out of a PC. Current market price for a decent gaming machine should cost USD $800+. There should be nothing cheap and good for gaming  with high FPS.

A real powerful gaming PC will cost close to USD $2,000. Since you have 7th gen i3 CPU, so the CPU upgrade will still restricted to the 7th gen CPU, probably close to USD $300 with some increase in performance. Upgrading graphics card will need to upgrade power supply too, and may even need to upgrade for liquid cooling too.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    so my pc is good it has 1050 gtx and 12gb ram and i3 7100, i want to  upgrade my i3 7100 to newer one cheap for gaming better than one i have its pretty bad fps on most games, |
    i have motherboard: h110m-s2v-cf and intel i3 7100 , what do i upgrade my i3 to ?? im new on this stuff so i dont know much

mahmoud585, just to add a bit more information and advice to you and to ask you this first, what is your computers exact model number? As and if your CPU's exact model number is the i3-7100 - CM8067703014612 / BX80677I37100 / BXC80677I37100 which has, 2 cores, 4 threads, frequency only of 3.9GHz with no turbo boost, L2 cache 512KB and L3 cache 3MB at 51W TDP then the suggested and max top spec and proven upgrade is to the higher and more powerful Core i7-7700T CPU which is a 4 cores, 8 threads, 2.9GHz to 3.8GHz turbo boost at L2 cache of 1MB and L3 cache of 8MB at 35W TDP that has a 98% chance of an upgrade and success but, that is not the only thing that could improve your computers performance as upgrading your RAM speed and your spinner HDD to an SSD is also an essential upgrade as is also upgrading the GF GTX 1050 to a better GPU like the GTX 1650 Super or even as high as the RTX 2060 Super and of course an appropriate PSU to suite all these upgrades. Give us more info on your current hardware as upgrading any computer is a balance act of matching all these components with the motherboard chipset and hardware that you have.