ACER SWIFT 3 SF314-55g display turns white completely white at certain angles.

2»

Answers

• Telon
    Telon Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem. Has anyone found eDP cable ??
  • @Telon What is the exact model? Example an515-55-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • raghavpatel1413
    raghavpatel1413 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hola, I am facing the same issue with the same model. Acer Swift 3 314-55g. Acer care told me to change the display and it's cost 40 % price of a new laptop. What a drag! Any suggestions guys?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    The eDP cable part number is: 50.H3UN5.001 or 50.H3UN5.002. Likely the difference between the two is just the vendor Acer sourced from. If the issue is the cable than that will solve it, if it's the display it will not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • raghavpatel1413
    Thanks! Billsey. I think my display is good. Every pixel is okay. I will eDP cable. 
  • billsey
    Let us know how it comes out. Especially if you can figure out what is bad with the old cable!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • raghavpatel1413
    I am unable to find those cables in India. I tried all the local shops and online stores. Acer store told me to take 30 days with 5000 INR and no guaranty to repair. I am not sure what to do now.
  • billsey
    Do venues like Banggood or Aliexpress ship to your locale? They might be a good source...
  • kuldeep_529
    kuldeep_529 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also have the same issue , display only works at certain angle i guess there must be display cable problem  but couldn't find one acer needs to make display cable for SG314-55G.
  • I also have the same issue , display only works at certain angle i guess there must be display cable problem  but couldn't find one acer needs to make display cable for SG314-55G.
    I suggest you create a new topic.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Padmanaban
    Padmanaban Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am facing similar issue as well. Screen completely turns blank in almost all angles except one. Did this issue get resolved for any one of the users? If so, please point to the relevant details so that we can understand the root cause and process to fix this stuff.
  • newma
    newma Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also facing same issue any solution available ??
  • Nebel11
    Nebel11 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Dude, I have the SAME problem since April 2021! I bought my laptop from Flipkart in October 2019. I have been told to change the entire screen...ugh
  • Nebel11
    Nebel11 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited April 2022
    Please can we get together and form a class action lawsuit against Acer? I understand things can go bad, but the fact that they don't even stock spare parts for repairs is horrible. Please PM me if you have also been affected by this.
  • arunshekhar001
    arunshekhar001 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Nebel11 said:
    Please can we get together and form a class action lawsuit against Acer? I understand things can go bad, but the fact that they don't even stock spare parts for repairs is horrible. Please PM me if you have also been affected by this.
    Once I replied saying the same thing on this thread and that message was automatically deleted somehow. But this is a very serious issue and must be resolved otherwise Acer will keep doing this to their customers.
  • Jurai
    Jurai Member Posts: 1 New User
    Password hint 
  • Animesh0709
    Animesh0709 Member Posts: 2 New User

Even my model is SF314-55G , I bought it from flipkart sale in june 2020. And ever since I've been facing same problem. Can someone please help if they found some solution.

And also today, suddenly my laptop is not charging and not switching on, it's out of warranty and I feel really stupid to buy acer.

• Animesh0709
    Animesh0709 Member Posts: 2 New User

Can i order edp cable online somewhere.?

• billsey

Just search on the part number to find venues that ship to your locale.