Updating an early TC-780?

dbb411
dbb411 Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an early (2016) TC-780 with the R01-A1 bios.  I would like to update it to the newest bios version - R02-B2.  Is that a reasonable thing to do and, if so, what is a reasonably foolproof procedure?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the early versions were setup for Skylake processors using the R01 BIOS. When they switched over to Kaby Lake they updated the BIOS to the R02 version. You should be able to update directly to the latest BIOS from Windows. Download the BIOS from Acer's support site, extract it to your system then run the 'flash.bat' file from the WIN folder.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the early versions were setup for Skylake processors using the R01 BIOS. When they switched over to Kaby Lake they updated the BIOS to the R02 version. You should be able to update directly to the latest BIOS from Windows. Download the BIOS from Acer's support site, extract it to your system then run the 'flash.bat' file from the WIN folder.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.