Problems connecting to external monitor with Swift 1 SF114-32

Janssonn
Janssonn Member Posts: 2 New User
My girlfriend's having issues with her laptop.
According to her, she used to connect our dongle at home to connect to our external monitor. I cannot confirm or deny that it used to work the way she describes it.
Our dongle is an adapter connecting to USB-C. The dongle have HDMI and USB-C etc. connections. While having an USB-C from the monitor to the dongle as well as an HDMI cable connecting from the monitor to the dongle, we don't get any output on the screen, nor does the battery gets charged (according to her, the visual used to work but not the charging). I'm thinking if there are any settings I have missed that has changed or something.
I have confirmed that the dongle itself is working just fine. It works perfectly on my macbook pro.

Is there any way this combination CAN work on this laptop? If yes, how?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It doesn't look like that one supports video over USB-C, she was likely connecting using the HDMI port instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It doesn't look like that one supports video over USB-C, she was likely connecting using the HDMI port instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Janssonn
    Janssonn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for answering. That's what I was suspecting as well.