aspire 7 a715-41g Is this a battery issue ?

vlad007
vlad007 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello! I got an  acer aspire 7 a715-41g in december 2020 and the battery only last like 1 hour and 40 minutes which is not very good.
My old laptop s battery last longer !
Is someone dealing with this too?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    If you have non-Microsoft virus scanner running, many browser tabs running and other applications running all at the same time, battery life will probably be less than 2 hours.

However you can check current battery energy storage capacity with its original factory-designed energy storage capactiy this way.

Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• vlad007
    vlad007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    If you have non-Microsoft virus scanner running, many browser tabs running and other applications running all at the same time, battery life will probably be less than 2 hours.

However you can check current battery energy storage capacity with its original factory-designed energy storage capactiy this way.

Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

I did the battery report and those are the stats 
    DESIGN CAPACITY52.976 mWh
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY36.051 mWh
    CYCLE COUNT
     Do you think it s normal after 7 months?
  • bunnyboffin
    bunnyboffin Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's not at all normal I am facing the same issue with aspire 5 just after 3 months. Do you face similar probs below
    a fast-spinning fan?
    the battery depletes faster with wifi, using just simple web browsing
    battery depletes at 2 percent per minute?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    >>>
    DESIGN CAPACITY52.976 mWh
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY36.051 mWh

>>>>

Lost about a third of it's capacity. A bit high for 7 mos. About how many times have you fully cycled the battery? A full cycle means charging to 100%. Then disconnecting charger. Then draining battery to 10% or less. Then plugging charger back in to re-charge battery back to to 100%..

Jack E/NJ