laptop won't display anything if I change ram

gamingrat
gamingrat Member Posts: 1 New User
I recently upgraded my acer aspire's ram from 1gb Kingston and 2gb nanya ram to 2x 4gb Samsung ram, now everything is fine when I put back the old ram but when I put the Samsung ones it just a black screen at startup, but the lights are on, now when I put the old ram to the computer I got the ram from it it boot ups completely fine and says it has 3gb ram but the thing is I also upgraded the storage and that was fine, I got the new storage from the same computer. the ram fits exactly the same but I don't know why iy does that, I also used 1 4gb ram of the same 2x ones but still nothing, I combined the old ram with the new also nothing happened, please help! 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    gamingrat said:
    I recently upgraded my acer aspire's ram from 1gb Kingston and 2gb nanya ram to 2x 4gb Samsung ram, now everything is fine when I put back the old ram but when I put the Samsung ones it just a black screen at startup, but the lights are on, now when I put the old ram to the computer I got the ram from it it boot ups completely fine and says it has 3gb ram but the thing is I also upgraded the storage and that was fine, I got the new storage from the same computer. the ram fits exactly the same but I don't know why iy does that, I also used 1 4gb ram of the same 2x ones but still nothing, I combined the old ram with the new also nothing happened, please help! 
    What is your laptops exact model number? As its a bit difficult to advise you with the details that you have given.