Aspire V5 with Win 8.1 Cannot remember my password on windows login.

weeble
weeble Member Posts: 2 New User
I'm completely lost on how to solve this. I tried to reset my laptop in the "troubleshooter" part and it asks for recovery media or windows installation media and I tried inserting a USB with what they are asking but no dice. Could someone help me out here? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• weeble
    weeble Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have also tried to reset my password with Windows at account.live.com and they felt like I didn't give accurate or enough information to verify my identity... This is my 12 year olds laptop and I am not sure of what to do.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    weeble said:
    I have also tried to reset my password with Windows at account.live.com and they felt like I didn't give accurate or enough information to verify my identity... This is my 12 year olds laptop and I am not sure of what to do.

What is your V5's exact model number? Also is the password that you are talking about the login password that is set and required after a reboot to login to Win-8 or 8.1? Or have you got a BIOS password? If its the Windows one then have a look at this guide(s) "More Ways of Windows 8.1 Password Reset After Forgotten Itas there are allot of different steps to follow to change the password. Btw, with the MS account such as "account.live.com" is that wgere you first made your account and set your password and first registered Windows with Microsoft? As Microsoft accounts are either a hotmail, outlook accounts that you can also use as they are all affiliated to Microsoft, so if you have one of them accounts use that. Below are ways of resetting this password. 

Reset forgotten Windows 8.1 Microsoft account password.

It is one of Windows 8/8.1 new features that you can use Microsoft account to sign in. You just need to reset Microsoft account password in Windows 8/8.1 online if forgot it.

Tips: You can’t reset Microsoft account password as administrator.