Help me! Please :(( I am using Acer Aspire E5-573G laptop, My HDD is working fine but when I boost.

Anhrisk
Anhrisk Member Posts: 2 New User
I have tried all ways to convert from UEFI to Legacy and vice versa, still no effect. I've been stuck here for 48 hours, please help me

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It must stay in UEFI mode or you risk corrupting the HDD!!!!!

Simply press and hold power button for at least 5 seconds or till laptop shuts off. Then remove charger. Then insert  paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug charger back in but wait for battery LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then turn the machine on and try to boot from the Seagate HDD again.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Simply press and hold power button for at least 5 seconds or till laptop shuts off. Then remove charger. Then insert  paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug charger back in but wait for battery LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then turn the machine on and try to boot from the Seagate HDD again.

Jack E/NJ

• Anhrisk
    Anhrisk Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:

Is there any other way to solve this? My laptop has the battery removed and is using direct power. Does switching from AHDI to IDE mode work?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    Anhrisk said:
    JackE said:

Is there any other way to solve this? My laptop has the battery removed and is using direct power. Does switching from AHDI to IDE mode work?

Anhrisk, the settings that you have in your BIOS are correct for a GUID/Partition Table (GPT) boot drive, so your should have no problems with your spinner Seagate HDD booting but, it could be that this drive was initially faulty and that is why you got the “No Bootable Device” and/or it could be your bootcommand has been corruoted and/or you have corrupted this drive by doing “I have tried all ways to convert from UEFI to Legacy and vice versa” and it’s got errors that are restricting the boot process.

I suggest that you go to the BIOS “Boot” section and change the “Boot Mode” to “Legacy” and see if it recognises your boot drive the “Seagate ST500L T012-1DG142 HDD”? If not then follow this guide of "No Bootable Device" issue on computer?” and see if you can recover your boot drive from their many guides? Otherwise have you got a backup, like with Macrium Reflect or similar backup software? As that is essential and what everyone should do as an insurance for instances like these, if not, then you will have to do a clean install of Windows OS if your HDD is not faulty and/or damaged.

If you have either a faulty HDD or valuable data on the drive, then you will have to take your Seagate ST500L T012-1DG142 HDD to an expert recovery technician that could fix your damaged drive and can recover all the valuable data on it, I strongly suggest that you don’t try to recover this data yourself, as you will destroy the data (I’ve had a damaged drive with valuable data and these guys recovered 99.99% of it) and they told me that its essential not to corrupt the drive with all sorts of recovery software! Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• JackE
    >>>Is there any other way to solve this? My laptop has the battery removed and is using direct power. Does switching from AHDI to IDE mode work? >>>

Leave it in AHCI mode and UEFI  bootstrap!!! The HDD seems to detected OK in UEFI mode in both the Information and Boot tabs. So don't change to legacy BIOS or you risk corrupting the HDD further.

Did this happen suddenly for no apparent reason?

Jack E/NJ