ELANtech touchpad is not recognized (device driver > code 10) - Acer Aspire 3 A317-51G

manuel97
manuel97 Member Posts: 1 New User
Good day dear helping Acer community,

I have the following problem:
The ELANtech touchpad is not recognized on my Acer Aspire 3 A317-51G. I have prepared myself and read through various forum posts, which unfortunately did not help me solve the problem.
The I2C HID device driver remains present with the yellow exclamation mark > The device cannot be started (code 10).
Immediately on startup the device is not recognized > no mouse pointer, no response to touchpad input.

What have I done so far?

1. device driver (input devices): I2C HID device > uninstall > restart > automatic installation: I2C HID device > I2C HID device: yellow exclamation mark.
2nd device driver (system devices): Intel (R) Seriel IO GPIO Host Controller - INT34B +.
Intel (R) Seriel IO I2C Host Controller - 02BC + Intel (R) Seriel IO I2C Host Controller - 02B0 > uninstall > reboot > install: Serial IO Driver (from Acer product/driver support page) > I2C HID device: yellow exclamation mark.
3. device driver (touchpad): multiple installation touchpad driver ELANtech.
4. hardware replacement: obtain and replace touchpad, check cables > I2C HID device: yellow exclamation mark.
5. device driver IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver: reinstallation (somewhere it said this could help, because of CPU > 10th generation Intel Core) > I2C HID device: yellow exclamation mark.

Now it's up to you professionals. Do you have another idea? I will gladly provide missing information, I have documented everything as good as possible.

Thank you very much,
Greetings manuel97

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,465 Trailblazer
    >>>The ELANtech touchpad is not recognized on my Acer Aspire 3 A317-51G.>>>

Hat es jemals funktioniert?

Has it ever worked?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Hi manuel97,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• maribeau
    maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    any update, also encounter the same issue????
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,465 Trailblazer

Please try to find another ACER service center that you're more comfortable with? Where are you located? Please stay or respond on the thread that you started.

Jack E/NJ

• maribeau
    maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    davao, but do they have an option to vip even if i pay?