Why is my dpgu usage spikes when idle issue with Nvidia GPU being constantly used by rather pinged

Options
Lukaswe
Lukaswe Member Posts: 9 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops
I have an issue with Nvidia GPU being constantly used by or rather pinged by "something". Spikes happens ever two seconds. it all started recently when Windows installed some non-OEM Intel GPU drivers and since that moment i have this spikes. I reinstalled windows multiple times, did ddu drivers reinstall and can't fix it. In task manager i can see constant GPU 1 copy engine in use by system. Anyone ever had similar issue?

Things i have tried so far: multiple windows reinstalls, different drivers configurations for both Intel GPU and Nvidia GPU (OEM from Acer site/stock) commands like DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow different power settings, Nvidia control panel settings of preferred GPU, windows settings like game mode etc... Tons of virus/malware scans, tracking GPU usage with process explorer and GPU shark (tracked cross.exe and dwm.exe to be using Nvidia GPU) usage is usually 0% up to 4% it never goes any higher but each spike i waking up Nvidia GPU from idle. I have this laptop for 2 years and never experienced this problem before, even tho i constantly check on temps and usage of cpu/GPU in predator sense.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    if you open tne nvidia tray icon it should show you what app is using it :) i dont think that there is a log of previous use anywhere 
  • Lukaswe
    Lukaswe Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    There's no app that's using Nvidia GPU according to tray icon. The only thing that i can see using it every now and again is system, via copy engine (GPU 1 - copy)Leostat said:
    if you open tne nvidia tray icon it should show you what app is using it :) i dont think that there is a log of previous use anywhere 

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 469 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

@Lukaswe where u able to fix the issue ?