XV272U X, Have to reinstall drivers after every restart

Tallyn82
Tallyn82 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, I've been trying for quite some time to fix my XV272U X (1440p, 10bit HDR400, 240hrz/260hrz OC )

I've had a lot of trouble trying to get the colors correct on this monitor and even a harder time getting them to stick after restarts.  Before I was just fighting with the ICC profile and that would just randomly kick itself off at some point without even a restart, just from opening a game or chrome or anything might do it.

Well I've at least found that if I just install the XV272U X drivers via hardware monitor route I get nice bright screen with correct colors that looks and performs great... okay so I don't have the issue with it uninstalling or just stopping to work anymore while on the computer during a session but if I restart the computer every single time I have to reinstall the XV272U X drivers all over again every single time, EVEN THOUGH ... and this is the weird thing its showing in hardware manager the correct drivers are  installed.  Like its not showing just plain PnP monitor it is showing the XV272U X but the screen is dim and the colors are washed out.  Ive tried restarting with HDR off and on and still the same issue I have to reinstall every single time..  

Does anyone know how to fix this? What I can do or where do I start? Thank you 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Hi Tallyn82,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.​