XC-895 (XC-895_E) boot problems

shawie60
shawie60 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
just looking at the above machine for a friend because its stuck in a boot loop (of a kind) It boots, gets to windows  click login and it goes nowhere, the spinning disk (if you will) just spins and spins not logging into windows. I tried booting from heirens etc and the drives not showing, its like hes encrypted it but he swears he hasnt. Ive managed to recover the data of his using a Ubuntu usb stick which i know works wih secure boot etc. 2 questions, is there an easy way to rectify this with out re installing windows, and if not does ths machine have a recovery mode like some Acers do (i.e alt +F10)
Ive treid using the troubleshooting options and reset etc dont work.
many thanks
shawie

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,365 Trailblazer
    It sounds pretty much like it's got to be a Windows configuration issue, either with the base OS or a user profile. Try booting in safe mode to see if that gets you in, if not maybe try creating a new profile and logging in under that. The fact you could even see the data on the system partition from the Linux stick shows the drive is not encrypted. If the drive is an NVMe SSD it might not show where you expect it in Hiren's. Check out Integrated Peripherals under the Advanced tab.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • shawie60
    shawie60 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    sorry forgot to mention tried safe mode, didn't even get to the windows log in. I'll check out Integrated Peripherals tho, might also go into the registry and use the backup config rather than creating another profile.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,365 Trailblazer
    If it's a profile issue you might just enable to default 'Administrator' account and give it a go. But if it fails in safe mode it's more likely to be a corrupted Windows install than a third party app or driver.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Hi shawie60,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.