ACER XV270 monitor auto scan for signal when on standby if using Mini DP to DP

atab
atab Member Posts: 2 New User
When using XV270 monitor connected to a Dell Gaming Laptop with Mini DP, using a Mini DP to DP converter and connecting thru DP, when i shutdown the laptop and connection maintain at DP, the monitor keeps scanning for a signal and cycles thru HDMI 1  to 2 and DP and goes off and repeats the same cycle after a few minutes.

Issue not experience if connected to HDMI 1 and 2
also i tried using a old Desktop PC with a GTX960 and full DP port, monitor does not do the auto scan when connected to the GTX960.

Either i change my connection to HDMI or turn off the monitor.
Any feedback on why the monitor turns on and do the scan when its suppose to be on standby?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It pretty much has to be how the laptop is handling sleep mode through the DP port. The monitor is no longer seeing anything on the DP port, so it tries the others. It sounds like in HDMI the presence signal from the monitor is being given even while sleeping.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • atab
    atab Member Posts: 2 New User
    I would want to agree, but a non 144hz Dell monitor does not replicate the issue. Its is only specifically occurs  with the xv270 in DP mode with mini DP converter and DP cable.

Also the issue occurs when the actual laptop is turned off and the DP cable with the DP converter is connected.