Pink LED next to charging port

Options
Franxxking7
Franxxking7 Member Posts: 5 New User
I recently took apart my laptop to clean it, I didn’t unplug anything. The fans were spinning (I left the hard drive in because u didn’t know you can unplug it, so I just turned it on it’s side so it can fit threw the hole, but nothing was damaged) the fans were spinning but I couldn’t flip it ofer or else the driver would fall and maybe rip the ribbon cable so I didn’t turn it off, I was getting some of the dust out (there wasn’t much) so I just used my finger and once I touched something I was a shocked a bit and it stoped completely, so I was really scared. I put it all back together perfectly but it wouldn’t turn on, nothing! Not even the LED on the keyboard, and not even the sound of the hard drive. I gave up hope so I just put it aside for 2 weeks and tried again hoping it would turn on, it somewhat turned on. You see there was a pink light on the charging port when I plugged it in, and the fans won’t turn on when I pressed the power button, they keyboard lit up, and the computer warmed up, but that’s all it did. Never got hot, never heard any fan noise nor disk noise so now it’s charging with the LED next to the charging port flickering pink (update I heard the disk but it was barely noticeable, so just the fans won’t turn on) by the way the keyboard keeps turning off and on and same with the disk

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Franxxking7,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Franxxking7
    Franxxking7 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Franxxking7,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

Don’t worry I have figured out the problem, it was one of the ribbon cables, it came loose and one of the sections fired off

do you know where I can order a new cable like this one?