Acer Nitro 5 Laptop storage problem

Options
Lerm
Lerm Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2021 in Nitro Gaming
The computer tells me I have 2 drives: a C: drive with 118 GB and a D : drive with 931 GB. My C: drive is almost completely full and it wont put any data in the D : drive. How do I make the computer store data in this drive?

Best Answer

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    How do you mean? Most of the time you just select where you want to put something, for example when you install a steam game it asks where you want to put it :) 
  • Lerm
    Options
    Leostat said:
    How do you mean? Most of the time you just select where you want to put something, for example when you install a steam game it asks where you want to put it :) 
    when i right click a file and bring up the "send to" tab the D : drive just doesn't appear as an option, and while there's over 900gb of space, i cant open steam or adobe cc because "you need x amount of mb free to update"

• Leostat
    Options
    Ah the send to is for things like email and such :) you just need to drag and drop files from where they are to the D drive, and for the adobe when you install it the first time, you can change where you want it to go

If you head to explorer, your disks are on the right hand side under this PC, you can cut a file and paste it to the D drive :)

head to a file you want to move, right click, cut, head to the D drive, right click paste.

For applications when you install orginally you will need to select the D drive to install it into
  • Lerm
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Ah the send to is for things like email and such :) you just need to drag and drop files from where they are to the D drive, and for the adobe when you install it the first time, you can change where you want it to go

If you head to explorer, your disks are on the right hand side under this PC, you can cut a file and paste it to the D drive :)

head to a file you want to move, right click, cut, head to the D drive, right click paste.

For applications when you install orginally you will need to select the D drive to install it into
    thank you! though, is there a way to virtually merge the drives so the computer acts as if they are a single drive?
  • Perry65
    Perry65 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

Omegle app
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is, but I wouldn't recommend it, it's called windows storage spaces , but the huge disadvantage of that is if one drive fails you may lose all your data , and you may not be able to use all the space of both drives 

It's ok but very faffy and has a habit of just acting weird so I avoid it personally :) 

If you use steam you can change the default place it puts games which I would recommend though! It's what I do to keep games off the C drive as like you I only have a small one! The instructions to do that can be found here:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129#:~:text=Navigate to your Steam client,installations can be installed there.