Replacing the old video card (GT 330) with the RX570 4gb.Acer Aspire M3910.

Good day. I decided to replace the old video card with a new one, but I ran into the following problem: After the replacement, there is no image, the video card is fully functional (I even checked it with a friend), I updated the BIOS to P01-A04, the same problem is still the same. Tell me what to do.
Configuration:
RAM: 8GB (4 dice, 2 each from Samsung).
Video card: RX570 4gb. Old GT330.
Processor: Xeon3470.

Answers

• jekaproona397
    jekaproona397 Member Posts: 6 New User
    help @Support @anyone
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi jekaproona397,

Try to do power drain,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    We need to know if your system is set to boot in UEFI mode or in Legacy. Your machine is just at that age where it could have been either (it likely shipped with Windows 7, which could have been either). Go into the BIOS to see which it's set for and give us some indication as to what OS you are running now and what drives you have installed. The newer cards all require a UEFI boot environment...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jekaproona397
    billsey said:
    We need to know if your system is set to boot in UEFI mode or in Legacy. Your machine is just at that age where it could have been either (it likely shipped with Windows 7, which could have been either). Go into the BIOS to see which it's set for and give us some indication as to what OS you are running now and what drives you have installed. The newer cards all require a UEFI boot environment...
    Initially, the computer was purchased from Windows 7, later the operating system was reinstalled on Windows 10
  • jekaproona397
    billsey said:
    I found out that the system works in Legacy mode, what next?
  • jekaproona397
    billsey said:
    The disk on which the operating system is located works in the MBR style. Second in GPT style
  • billsey
    OK, in Legacy mode you can't use pretty much any of the new cards. They require a portion of the initialization code to be loaded within the UEFI environment. If your BIOS supports switching between Legacy and UEFI then there's a path to getting them working, but it's not trivial. Moving the OS from Legacy to UEFI requires the drive be changed from MBR to GPT and some partitions added, so the easiest way is with a complete OS reinstall after wiping the old data off the drive. That means either reinstalling your apps and data after a clean install or doing a backup recovery after the reinstall. You can switch the drive from MBR to GPT without losing the data, but you still have to add the EFI partition, the recovery partition and the recovery data partition...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jekaproona397
    billsey said:
    OK, in Legacy mode you can't use pretty much any of the new cards. They require a portion of the initialization code to be loaded within the UEFI environment. If your BIOS supports switching between Legacy and UEFI then there's a path to getting them working, but it's not trivial. Moving the OS from Legacy to UEFI requires the drive be changed from MBR to GPT and some partitions added, so the easiest way is with a complete OS reinstall after wiping the old data off the drive. That means either reinstalling your apps and data after a clean install or doing a backup recovery after the reinstall. You can switch the drive from MBR to GPT without losing the data, but you still have to add the EFI partition, the recovery partition and the recovery data partition...

Or can you just install the operating system on a GPT disk and remove it from the MBR disk? Will it help?
  • billsey
    Not if the BIOS doesn't  support UEFI mode. Legacy won't boot from a GPT disk.