Lowering TDP/Undervolt Acer Aspire 5 A514 53G-3926 (i3 1005g1/MX350)

Ahirama
Ahirama Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, I have this problem with this laptop while playing games, when the temperatures hit 80-81 degrees the fps I've got from the game (example I played CoH2 with 60+ FPS) got dropped to 30 fps and the temp start from 60 degrees and it goes all over, as far as I know, this laptop disable the ability to undervolt the cpu right? because when i try to use fivr options on throttlestop it just locked/greyed out. So my question is, is there's anything i can do to unlock the fivr option so I can undervolt my cpu, or is there's an option to change the tdp from 15w to 12w? 

Thanks

Answers

• Ahirama
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It's not possible to undervolt or unlock the undervolting settings. Some people artificially limit the speed of the processor to much lower using the maximum state setting, but to be honest 82 isn't bad, most laptops are happy with the processor at close to 100 :) 
  • Ahirama
    Leostat said:
    It's not possible to undervolt or unlock the undervolting settings. Some people artificially limit the speed of the processor to much lower using the maximum state setting, but to be honest 82 isn't bad, most laptops are happy with the processor at close to 100 :) 
    yeah but when my cpu hit 82 degrees it automatically drop the fps and this isn't good while i played games :/
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Problem is if you limit the proc so it doesn't hit that it may always run at the lower frame rate :( , 82 seems a bit low for it to be thermal throttleing though, in task manager do you see it massivly reducing the clock speed?