Overheating On acer nitro 5 an515-54 when its plugin

Dshanz
Dshanz Member Posts: 4 New User
I bought an Acer nitro 5 an515-54 one year ago. It will overheat all the time. But I see one month ago CPU overheating when its plugin. When I use the laptop for gaming or anything hard process in battery maximum heat is 75-80 c. I don't know what to do. I tell this issue for Acer authorized dealer in my country. They replaced the motherboard. but still overheating when plugin nearly 94 c. Please help me. The heat-stable at 95 c when its plugin. But it down immediately when I use a laptop in battery

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I don't think it would be necessary to change the motherboard, because of the overheating. This problem can be solved by changing the thermal paste, cleaning the fans and undervolting: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/577183/throttlestop-undervolt-profiles-pre-made/p1
    If you don't have the experience to change the thermal paste, I advise you to get in touch with an experienced technician.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I don't think it would be necessary to change the motherboard, because of the overheating. This problem can be solved by changing the thermal paste, cleaning the fans and undervolting: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/577183/throttlestop-undervolt-profiles-pre-made/p1
    If you don't have the experience to change the thermal paste, I advise you to get in touch with an experienced technician.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dshanz
    Thanks for the advice I will try that way. Also when I didn't use any apps or anything but heat is 92. These all things happen in the only lap is in ac power. 
  • I suggest you change the thermal grease, using an antiestic wristband and disconnecting the battery. Proceed with caution. Also check if the laptop is under warranty.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Dshanz,

What happens when you try to adjust the fan speed.
  • Dshanz
    Easwar said:
    Hi Dshanz,

What happens when you try to adjust the fan speed.
    It works properly easwar