RAM of which size can be used to upgrade (Acer aspire 5 I7 11th Gen 16 GB RAM) TO 24GB

jsace
jsace Member Posts: 4 New User
I want to upgrade my laptop's RAM to 24gb which is the maximum possible RAM that I can upgrade to as mention here https://store.acer.com/en-in/acer-aspire5-thinandlight-laptop-intel-corei7-11thgen-a515-54g so to upgrade it will i need to by 8gb RAM or 16gb RAM sodimm module ?  I am mentioning 16gb because ,when I ran crucial's test it suggested me to buy 16gb ram and also can it be upgraded to 32gb ((if possible) as someone suggested me it can)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    It likely has an 8GB soldered unreplaceable module and an 8GB replaceable module. So for 24GB max, you need to replace the 8GB replaceable module with a 16GB replaceable module.

Jack E/NJ

• jsace
    jsace Member Posts: 4 New User
    @JackE I've figured out that it is most likely to a 8gb ram module as in this laptop they are suggesting https://store.acer.com/en-in/acer-aspire7-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen5-5500u-a715-42g-nvidia-gtx-1651 -16 GB of DDR4 system memory, upgradable to 32 GB using two soDIMM modules ie 2 x 8gb.
    while in mine they are suggesting - 16 GB of DDR4 system memory, upgradable up to 24 GB of DDR4 system memory using single soDIMM module ie 1 x 8gb.
    I don't know for sure if this inference is accurate or not so if anybody has actually done it please comment below.
  • JackE
    That one says "16 GB of DDR4 system memory, upgradable to 32 GB using two soDIMM modules". So it has two replaceable RAM sockets for a maximum of 32GB = 2 x 16GB replaceable modules.

If your model says a maximum of 24GB = 8GB unreplaceable  + 16GB replaceable module

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi jsace,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• JackE
    That one says "16 GB of DDR4 system memory, upgradable to 32 GB using two soDIMM modules". So it has two replaceable RAM sockets for a maximum of 32GB = 2 x 16GB replaceable modules.

If your model says a maximum of 24GB = 8GB unreplaceable  + 16GB replaceable module

Jack E/NJ