aspire v5 571p Operating System not found and can't access bios

cds240405
cds240405 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
So recently i faced a problem in my acer aspire v5 571p laptop. It came with windows 8.1 update but i updated to windows 10 a few years back. So the thing was that one of my wifi lan wire(two wires which are connceted to display panel back- black and white wires) was broken. So i removed it to ask for a replacement wire. So, since the laptop hadn't come to India, the replacement was difficult to find. So i decided to put back the broken wire back(as it was working fine) but after that i recieved a message showing windows came into a problem and it ran the troubleshooter. Since it didnt do anything i decided to reset it. But midway the power went off. Later when i turned it on, it showed the windows boot page. i decided to reset it but it didnt work. then i ran the troubleshooter, it showed the message log file srttrail.txt. So i decided to install windows using rufus in gpt format. But it didnt boot up, instead showed the same windows boot. Then i went to uefi firmware settings and disabled secured boot, network boot was enabled and i changed boot priority to my usb drive but it was of nouse, it didnt boot up. Then i accidently changed from uefi to legacy bios. It booted  and showed press f2 to enter setup. i tried the key but it didnt work. My pc has pheonix securecore bios. it showed operating system not found. i treid to boot to bios but no keys were working. i tried an external keyboard but no use. So i removed the cmos battery to reset the bios. Now the bios wont even show. I tried everything. Please help me!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>It booted  and showed press f2 to enter setup>>>

Press and hold power button for 5 or more seconds to shut machine off. Remove charger and battery pack. Press and hold power button for about one minute without the charger or battery pack. Then plug battery pack and charger back in. But don't try to turn the laptop on till the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue.

When battery LED turns steady blue, press and hold the F2 key. While still pressing & holding F2 key, turn the machine on. Don't let go of F2 key till the BIOS menu appears. If you previously set a supervisor password, this must be entered. In the BIOS Information tab, your HDD or SSD should be listed. In the BIOS Main tab the F12 and D2D options must be enabled. You must also change back to UEFI mode while secure boot remains disabled. You must press F10 to set and save these changes.

The laptop must then be turned off again. Then, instead of Rufus to prepare the Win10 iso, use instead Microsoft's USB creation tool to make the bootable installation USB. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Insert the USB stick in one of the USB ports. Then press and hold the F12 key. While still holding the F12 key, turn the machine on. A boot menu should appear to allow you to boot from the USB installation stick. If not, try another USB port.

Jack E/NJ