Acer switch alpha 12, SA5-271 acer black screen loading endlessly..

tsa1508
tsa1508 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2021 in Switch Series
hello, i have an acer alpha 12 switch, SA5-271. I did a recent Windows update, and from that it didn't work anymore... when I press the on/off button it starts up, but it's on the black screen with the acer logo and the loading balls, but it doesn't turn on, it's for a time like that and it shuts down and immediately starts the reboot with the same black screen with the logo and loading balls. I don't know what else I can do to solve this problem, I need help!!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Go into the BIOS and do a F9 to reset to defaults then F10 to save and exit. Report back to let us know if that fixed it and if not we'll dive deeper into the diagnostics.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tsa1508
    tsa1508 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Go into the BIOS and do a F9 to reset to defaults then F10 to save and exit. Report back to let us know if that fixed it and if not we'll dive deeper into the diagnostics.
    hello billsey, I did the procedure you indicated, however it remains the same with the black screen and then light with the loading balls..
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    OK, let's try some diagnostics. Because the loading balls show up we know it is getting to the initial loading of Windows. Use a different machine and create a Windows install flash drive. Boot your tablet on the flash drive and use the Repair option on the second screen to get into the diagnostics screens. Wander around there for a few minutes to see if it's stable. If it is we will want to look at repairing the Windows install or doing a clean install. If it's still unstable then the issue is more likely hardware. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.